Airfix Spitfire Mk I - FINISHED

3 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Looks great Pete, and you can still see the rivets B) Nice work mate

Cheers,

Stew

Thank you Stew. The rivets are perhaps a wee bit over scale, but I have to admit I like the effect. It has taken me a long time to come around to accepting that something as beautiful as the Spitfire had dome head rivets, but now that I have embraced it, I think it gives the plane added character. 

Who'd have thought it? I am old enough to have cut my model teeth on the first Airfix kits and their ilk, covered in massive rivets and raised panel lines, and to have added my voice to their abolition, fawning over kits with smooth panels and recessed panel lines, and now I am adding rivets. 🤔

Appreciate your comments mate

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ray_W said:

Peter, Very nice indeed. I enjoyed following your build and the attention to detail. Ray

Thank you Ray. After following your build and battling this one, I'm looking forward to those Eduard Spitfires!!

• Like 1

Excellent Mk.1 Peter and very useful post on the build which I will print off and keep with my 1/48 Airfix Mk.1.

Some useful tips for my 1/24 build too (like the belly light needing to sit flush with lower wing surface).

:goodjob:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Johnson said:

Excellent Mk.1 Peter and very useful post on the build which I will print off and keep with my 1/48 Airfix Mk.1.

Some useful tips for my 1/24 build too (like the belly light needing to sit flush with lower wing surface).

:goodjob:

Thanks Charlie - glad this could be helpful, it is a tricky kit IMHO. But the result is quite satisfying.

I hope you can continue that 1/24 build - I have two to do and liking what you're doing there! 

• Like 1