Attack on La Haye Sainte (Waterloo)

ERK

I'm back  -  started on a  couple of 54th/55th  Ligne  that I had built  earlier  - plenty more  to come  - but then can not be  speeded up  due to the  paintwork.

Erk.spacer.png

• Like 3

On 12/05/2022 at 02:21, ERK said:

Hi all, a bit more done  -  jackets  Green and  trousers  Grey.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

Maybe my imagination, but one of those Riflemen looks remarkably like Richard Sharpe/Sean Bean.

9 hours ago, John_W said:

Maybe my imagination, but one of those Riflemen looks remarkably like Richard Sharpe/Sean Bean.

Yep  I suspect  the  company who made them  did  base  them on the 95th Rifes, but they were so similar to the KGL  Light Rifles.

Erk.

Looking rather splendid :goodjob:

You know that the French used:-

Red pompon for Grenadiers

Green pompon for 1st Company

Sky Blue pompon for 2nd Company

Orange pompon for 3rd Company

Violet pompon for 4th Company

Yellow pompon for Voltigeurs

:smartass:

Edited by Ratch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ratch said:

Looking rather splendid :goodjob:

You know that the French used:-

Red pompon for Grenadiers

Green pompon for 1st Company

Sky Blue pompon for 2nd Company

Orange pompon for 3rd Company

Violet pompon for 4th Company

Yellow pompon for Voltigeurs

:smartass:

Thank you for spotting that  - I will alter  the injured  voltigeur, so easy to get  lost  in the painting routine.

Erk.

• Like 2

Hi all,     I did some corrective paintwork   giving the correct  paitwork  where it should  have gone  - then set about   swapping over some heads  from my  Tiralleurs  as  they  where not involved  in the action at LHS,   also made up a  few  more  figures including a couple of injured  French  - by an unusual method  (heat form a hairdryer  to  make the plastic  plyable)   then I bent the legs  back.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

Morning all,    Right he we have  Five  Voltigeurs  and Three  Grenadiers   - converted  from Tirallieurs,   they still  flat coating then  cutting from their basses  before being glued in place in my dio.spacer.png

spacer.png

Erk.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, John_W said:

Coming along nicely. Do you use a magnifier for detail painting or do you have incredible eyesight?

Hi John,  thank  you so much,    I have  to use  Two types  of magnification  - my  3 X   mag  glasses   then my  optovisors  with the  powerful  lens  fitted,   problem  is  everything a few  feet away  I can't see  so I have to be careful  with knocking things  over.

Erk.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ratch said:

I put my paint pallet under the magnifier too so everything is relative :smartass:

Mine are the  optovisor  glasses  - those plastic  things  with the clip in differnet strength lenses.

Erk.

Evening all,    I have started on my next bunch of retrobates  - I mean figures  lol,   I  have decided to add  Two 10th British Hussars  who will be displayed  blastingdown the roadway infront of LHS   front wall,   I  have also  put together a  French 54th Ligne  mounted Corporal, he will be placed  instructing  the attack  near the farm.

More  54th nad 55th  have also  recieved  some primer.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

Good day all,  so  since my last visit  I have decided to ditch the Two Horses above  as they do not  look right with their short flat tails,  but I have some others  to make  -  I  have also completed Colonel Claude Charlet on his horse, and also a  54th Genadier  Sapper  who is injured.

Espacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

Interesting trivia.

I once attended a talk at the National Army Museum by a cavalry expert who advised film makers and had done occasional stunt work when he was younger.

He was involved in the film War Horse and pointed out that there was a deliberate mistake. During the cavalry charge, the riders are holding their sabres horizontally (as per the gentleman at the back in your picture). This was only done when Cavalry was charging Cavalry. For charging infantry as per the film, the sabres should have been held at the side and pointing down, but the director thought the scene was more dramatic with horizontal swords glinting in the sun. Sometimes art is more important than truth 😇 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, John_W said:

Interesting trivia.

I once attended a talk at the National Army Museum by a cavalry expert who advised film makers and had done occasional stunt work when he was younger.

He was involved in the film War Horse and pointed out that there was a deliberate mistake. During the cavalry charge, the riders are holding their sabres horizontally (as per the gentleman at the back in your picture). This was only done when Cavalry was charging Cavalry. For charging infantry as per the film, the sabres should have been held at the side and pointing down, but the director thought the scene was more dramatic with horizontal swords glinting in the sun. Sometimes art is more important than truth 😇 

Interesting, thank you for that,  I guess  there is a certain amount of interpretation  that goes into modeling  especially  dio's.

Erk.