Attack on La Haye Sainte (Waterloo)

ERK

48 minutes ago, Clashcityrocker said:

Nice work on all the figures so far. It'll look good when it's all finished.

Nigel

Thank you kindly, its all falling in to place - bit by bit, will take some time though as I want to make it look ok.

Erk.

• 1 month later...

spacer.pngHi all,    work is still continuing  on this  - I have so far completed the Farmhouse with a partial interior and Three KGL 5th  firing from the dormer windows, it was then buttoned up  - flashing was added to the roof joint and around the chimney stacks - it was then weathered a little before I moved on to the Piggery.

After finishing the house I have now moved on to the stables.

Erk.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,   a bit more progress -  after finishing the barn  - next  stage was the front  of the wall containing the dovecoat entrance/duck pond and side wall  with cut out brick sections  firing holes.

The gates are being displayed open  to show the KGL rushing the French in a counter attack,

So here is the dovecoat entrance.

Erk.spacer.png

• Like 5

Next on my build plan is the duck pond and walled area  - first the brick cut outs (that the 2nd KGL  had hacked out using thier bayonets)  these were painted the same way  as my other brick work except I was able to detail the bricks inside the wall, then the walls were painted/detalied and  weathered.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

Next and bringing my build up to date  - the pond,    this  has a cardboard  cutout of the  edging slabs  - but to give the pond some depth  I cut out the shape of the pond in the MDF base  then trimmed it so the slabs slighty over hang the pond.

So I have my pond shape then glued the slab area  then when set  - I  glued a sheet of paper underneath to act as a bottom to the pond, this was then painted to represent a dirty pond,     next comes the interesting bit - I decided to have a go at that Acrylic Water Gel medium (I have never tried this before)  it comes in a pot and is like PVA in consistency, it can be diluted with water though toget a better flow.

So I poured some into to the pond  to roughly the level I wanted  and it was put away in the unit for a day  as 24hrs is recommended.

It had set nicely  (I Foregot  - I had even put some bricks in to simulate some that had fell into the pond from the wall).

Next job was to paint and detail not only the  edging slabs but the pond base area  then wash and  dust it  using my dry brush technique.

This is the current state of play.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

Evening all, more progress  - I have added a couple of firing stages  made from the kitchen tables and benches, and it would be rude not to add a few 2nd KGL  firing from behind the wall  - its a start.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Erk.

• Like 6

Evening all   -   some more progress  - more details and  KGL  have been added around the pond,  I have also fitted the main floor piece   and started detailing it including a section of   rough  lawn  that was  near the stables.

Erk.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

Evening all  - some more progress  - the main comlex is now fitted together,  the main floors are still in need of a few washes and dust dry brushng,  and an extrior garden building needs assembling.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

A bit more progress  - starting to populate LHS  with some figures  -  they are charging through the front gates after they were opened, to chase and attack the French  who where retreating due to an attack by the British Hussars.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...