Attack on La Haye Sainte (Waterloo)

ERK

Hi Erk

Nice work - I love them

In answer to the issue you posed back inthe summer regards the satinish sheen with Vallejo - I've always been told to use Tamiya Clear - just a tiny dab mixed in with the paint/water mix - mattes it down.  it's possible the Vallejo equivalent you mentioned has done the same because they do look quite matt in the pics

Rob

On 13/01/2021 at 20:31, robgizlu said:

Hi Erk

Nice work - I love them

In answer to the issue you posed back inthe summer regards the satinish sheen with Vallejo - I've always been told to use Tamiya Clear - just a tiny dab mixed in with the paint/water mix - mattes it down.  it's possible the Vallejo equivalent you mentioned has done the same because they do look quite matt in the pics

Rob

Thank you kindly, what I find works the best  is a quick spray over when fully dry  with Tamiya Flat Laquar  rattle can, that flats down lovely and gives a hard finish.

Erk.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,   just an update  - I haven't given up on this  - I am awaiting my display case for it  and have been building my  Challenger 2 tank  in the meantime.

I will Be Back...

Erk.

Nice work ERK, the figures look really good. I find the same as you with Vallejo matt varnish, it's definitely a satin rather than matt finish. The best matt finish I have found its Testors Dullcote out of the can, excellent every time, but beware use THIN coats as heavy coats can attack paint!

On 25/03/2021 at 18:48, James G said:

Nice work ERK, the figures look really good. I find the same as you with Vallejo matt varnish, it's definitely a satin rather than matt finish. The best matt finish I have found its Testors Dullcote out of the can, excellent every time, but beware use THIN coats as heavy coats can attack paint!

Thank you kindly,  I  have brought some Mig  Ultra Matt  Acrylic varnish  - will have to see how that goes as it can be brushed on indoors with the smell.

Erk.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all,   some more progress with Marshall Ney and one of his horses he had to uses as he was getting through them like wild fire -  so the horse has had a few layers of paint after glueing and tidying the seems  - then a bit of weathering and a flat coat brushed on to the areas needing to be flat (this time it has worked and dulled down lovely  using Mig's  Extra Flat Acrylic with a brush)   next is the figure of Mr Ney  - its a metal figure that was purchased already painted  - but I want to stamp my own on it - so detail painting has begun  -  I  have also glued him down to the horse using CA.spacer.png

spacer.png

Erk.

• Like 6

More 2nd KGL  being  made  - they are from a new maker other than Perry,  they are the only boxed plastic set of figures  you can buy,   to reppresent either the 95th or 2nd KGL  rifles.

Erkspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Hi all.    I have finished putting together a few more 1st and 2nd KGL  the roll call will give me about 40-ish  and another possible  20-25  5th line reg KGL.

Erk.spacer.png

• Like 4

Hi all,     just started my batch of  Tiraillleurs  (Skirmishers)   these were sent in with the 54/55th eme  Ligne  regiments.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,    well I have decided to make a start on my scenery/buildings in the shape of the LHS farm complex  - its 28mm  scale  and comes as a MDF  laser cut flat pack, all individual pieces  that assemle like a dolls house, I am starting  with the farmhouse first  - and painting each section while still flat as its easier that way  - this is where I am at at the moment  - 

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7