Attack on La Haye Sainte (Waterloo)

ERK

I have started collecting figures  to represent  the attacks on the famous farm house,   I intend to collect and paint  some French Line Infantry,  French Cuirassiers,  KGL light and standard line troops, and not foregetting  Sharps very own 95th, I will also  collect one of the  rather good  farm builds  sets  and add anything  to create a dio  of the event.

So I started with the French Line Infantry  - I have been picking thease up in the single sprues  so far  and have primed a few ready for paint,   they are quite fiddly but very pleasing  once  a bit of paint is on and some washes/high lighting.

Here is my first  minus  painting his musket/feet and final touch up.

Erk.spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Tojo72 said:

Loved the Sharpe Series, the books anyway.So much better then the TV series.

Looking forward to your project

Thank you kindly.

Erk.

Looking on with interest.  Is that 28mm - that would be one huge diorama or you going to focus on one part.

Contrary to the TV series, the 95th were not in the farm building, they were down the road to the east in the sand pits, but they did play a key role - their sharpshooters took out the artillery crew when the French brought up two cannons.

But then again like TV, dioramas can have artistic licence and I agree everyone would like to see Sharpe in the fight  😀

Cheers,

Nigel

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nheather said:

Looking on with interest.  Is that 28mm - that would be one huge diorama or you going to focus on one part.

Contrary to the TV series, the 95th were not in the farm building, they were down the road to the east in the sand pits, but they did play a key role - their sharpshooters took out the artillery crew when the French brought up two cannons.

But then again like TV, dioramas can have artistic licence and I agree everyone would like to see Sharpe in the fight  😀

Cheers,

Nigel

Thank you for looking in,   yep 28mm  I will be making a part dio  by focusing on the front section of the farm  with about 2/3rds  of the courtyard  showing  and  section of the road  to the front, this way I will be able to  show the KGL  troops firing over the walls and through the rifle cut outs in the wall, a few of Sharps men who rushed down to add cover from the end of the wall,  the French  Line Infantry attacking  and also a few  cuirassiers.

I have room for a disply about 3 feet by 3 feet.

Erk.

A bit more progress  - more stages of paintwork  (doing it slowly as it is fiddly  and takes a steady hand)   this one (first of roughly 100)  is finished minus painting his musket.

Erk.spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 7

Frenchman number one finished  (before I place them on the dio  - I will  sand down the base the figure sits on to make it thinner)

Erk.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 7

More work on both the horses sadle/details and the cuirassier  - it takes quite a while as there is a lot of painting to do in stages.

Erk.spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Cuirassier  number Two  about to be started  - the horses Two sections were glued together, then the rider had his sword arm attached  and added his head, next will be a little tidy up followed by a Black primer.

Erk.spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ratch said:

Interested to see how you get on with this :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly mate, there will be around 100 figures  or perhaps a little more  consisting of  the Two KGL  regiments in the Farm  and just outside, then by the wall slightly up the hill a couple of  95th  sharp shooters,  and  around the front at other end abour Four  Cuirassiers  and  the 55th  attacking,  the Dio board will be about 3 feet  long and  1.5 feet wide (would love to have made it bigger but lack of space  to keep it).

Erk.

• Like 1

I finally finished my first KGL 2nd Reg  Rifleman, he took more time as he so scale accurate all his features are finer  - like belts, I was able to detail his chest buttons by keeping his arms off till painted, this gave me more room to work on without his arms in the way.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

A bit more progress today after a  short  (seeing hickup)  another 5th KGL  well on its way, and I have also started on another 55th  Volitigeur, and a group shot of my latest on the bench.

Erk.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5