Hi all. Just finished this one. Nice kit on the external but i got very disappointed with the cockpit. The seat provided is very undesized and the floor is very shallow. Had to use a spare seat and make adjustments to lower the cockpit floor to hold the new seat. but considering the canopy is very small theres nothing to see through it anyway, so i did no other changes on the interior. The nose gear is also very fragile. The kit fits very well and needs almost none putty to same small gaps.  Decals sheet is very limited also. To complete this build i decided to go with the Olive Drab paint option but after finished it went to dark. a lighter painting whould fit much better. I am on hold for years for the Announced MIG-19P by trumpeter, but if it ever be released based on something like this one it wont be a hit. To compare my old KP MIG-19 wich i used cockpit and canopy aftermarkets, downed the panel lines and done some scratch adjustments on the gears, nozzles and tail elevator.

Thank you all.

Luciano

20200722_133159

20200722_133353

20200722_133244

20200721_233642

20200722_133144

20200714_221750

20200722_133550
  • Like 21

The Trumpeter Q-5 was for me a real missed opportunity because I doubt we will see another manufacturer come along with one any time soon.  Nice fit, nice surface detail but lots of errors

That said, yours is a very smart model with a really nice finish - well done.  I really like what you have done with the old KP MiG-19 too - nice job