Hawker Hurricane Mk IIc 1/48 Arma Hobby

Seboo

Thank you very much Polish Friends for decals and box art of most sucessful Czechoslovakian fighter Ace  - the famous Night Hawk Karel "Kut" Kuttelwascher and his legendary "Night Reaper" fighter ! I can´t look for AM decals :D :P !

Will be choice between full black or combined (green-gray on top and black on belly ? His aircraft is still a little mystery....

And in Mk. I (you probably planned it too, no ?) will be Czechoslovakian Pilots or you can co-op with Eduard ? I read a in 2021 may be a limited edition with your parts for CZ AF in RAF, but this is a small scale, quarter scale will be better :o)

But Mk. IIC is gorgeous, i can´t look for old Hawa...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AlCZ said:

Thank you very much Polish Friends for decals and box art of most sucessful Czechoslovakian fighter Ace  - the famous Night Hawk Karel "Kut" Kuttelwascher and his legendary "Night Reaper" fighter ! I can´t look for AM decals :D :P !

Will be choice between full black or combined (green-gray on top and black on belly ? His aircraft is still a little mystery....

And in Mk. I (you probably planned it too, no ?) will be Czechoslovakian Pilots or you can co-op with Eduard ? I read a in 2021 may be a limited edition with your parts for CZ AF in RAF, but this is a small scale, quarter scale will be better 🐵

But Mk. IIC is gorgeous, i can´t look for old Hawa...

Have you read this article? All about the BE581 is gathered in one place. http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2020/10/13/karel-kutterwascher-the-most-effective-hurricane-night-fighter-pilot/

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
2 minutes ago, robstopper said:

I've been waiting for this to come out, was originally shown on their website as being "last quarter of 2021". But a few weeks ago, that was updated as being the first half of 2022 now :(

There was a post somewhere from Arma Hobby saying releases had been pushed back a while,  I think the rise in demand for hobby products plus Covid are the reasons, causing delays in tooling. 

@Wojtek Bulhak and @GrzeM  maybe able to add more,  but Arma are a small company, and have other projects to do as well,  and as they are interested in doing the job properly,  would rather delay and get it right, then rush and make a mistake. 

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Hooray!! This is one I have been waiting for. It now looks like it will move on from my dreaming category - like a 1/48 Airfix Hampden and an ICM B-26 - to something more tangible. Any preliminary comments from Hurricane experts on the CAD images? I know, it's not the real thing, always interested in this type of discussion.

Ray 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Homebee said:

Release expected now in June 2022. Wait and see.

- ref. 40004- Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIc - Expert set

Most likely in September, according to the Arma newsletter.

Edited by Wojtek2
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

It's been showing as "October 2022" on their website for ages now, so will we actually get this "unicorn" kit?  Fingers crossed we do, as I have shelf space ready and waiting for it........and if it's not coming, then I have other kits I'd want to buy instead. After having built their 1/72 scale Hurricane MkI, which was a joy, I'm full of anticipation for this 🤞

• Like 2

I had plans on finishing it in the scheme that the BBMF IIC is currently flying in, as that has a connection with the Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar so it would sit nicely on the shelf next to my TA805, MJ755 and PT879 Spitfires. If it's not coming any time soon, then I'll get an Eduard Bf109E4 and paint it to represent the one which resides at BHHH instead.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Hopefully well worth the wait...

Even a straight scale up of the 72nd kits would still be better than any existing 1/48th kit.   

Reading between the lines, a delay means working on getting it right rather than rushing it out.   

I have a lot of respect for Arma Hobby,  they make excellent kits of interesting subjects, and engage with the modelling community, meaning they get input from that community.   

Which is a sensible and pragmatic approach....    It's a release I'm looking forward too.  

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

Reading between the lines, a delay means working on getting it right rather than rushing it out.   

I'm with you on this one Troy. I had a similar thought. Hope so. The one release I have also been really looking forward to. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, woody37 said:

The bank manager is rather happy with this delay 🤣

Yeah, it keeps getting worse, all of these at once, 1/48 Arma Hurricane, 1/48 GWH A-10, 1/48 Tamiya F-35A, 1/48 HK B-25J, 1/48 Meng F-4G and a 1/32 Kotare Spitfire. I’m glad there appears to be a stagger now, although Tamiya has a second announcement coming up before the end of the year.

I almost forgot, I have the 1/24 Airfix Spit and 1/48 Anson on pre-order. The wallet is about to take a big hit!

I’m really looking forward to this for sure top quality Hurricane!

Edited by Scooby
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

Eduard announced their Hurricane family( I-IV+ Sea Hurricane dozen times througout last three years, again recently confirmed on modelforum.cz,  how and why will Arma compete with Eduard in 48th scale...

Through the speed of initial sales and continued sales through loyalty to their label. They may offer a simpler build too.

I agree, it could be tough to compete.

Although Eduard also mentioned the entire Mustang family and all WWII US Naval fighters. They failed to mention the Zeros. Did they mention the former to discourage competition? Did they mention the Hurricane to also discourage competitors?

Edited by Scooby

3 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

Eduard announced their Hurricane family( I-IV+ Sea Hurricane dozen times througout last three years, again recently confirmed on modelforum.cz,  how and why will Arma compete with Eduard in 48th scale...

Why? Because it will make money for Arma and they are beating Eduard to it, but they probably started work on it before Eduard mentioned it. Also with all the delay from Arma I suspect they are making sure the kit is really good and I don't see either kit being that much better than the other. If Arma's 1/72nd kit are anything to go by their kit could be a quicker, simpler build than the Eduard kit, with still a high level of detail. The only thing against the Arma kit will probably be the higher price.

4 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

how and why will Arma compete with Eduard in 48th scale...

Blindly ignoring the fact Eduard reboxed the 1/72 from....... Arma Hobby. 

• Like 1