F 86 Sabre and FJ FURY STGB ?@ 17 on 27th of August

Good morning 

After a quick search, the last gb dedicated to the F 86 dates back to 2014, so I would like to propose a gb dedicated to this aircraft and we could also add the F 100 Super Sabre ,

These 2 aircraft have been used by a large number of countries and they wore very colorful camouflages ..

So if you are interested tell me I will make a list  ...

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 2

Here is the list 

1/ TempestMk5

2/ Corsairfoxfouruncle

3/ stevehnz

4/ franky boy

5/ zebra

6/ Silver Fox

7/ reini

8/ klr

9/ Terry1954

10/ Jb65rams

11/ Wez

12/ trickyrich

13/ Beazer

14/ John Masters

15/ almac

16/ Arniec

17/ CliffB

18/

19/

20/

21/

22/

23/

24/

25/

Patrice

That is perfect ..

So far everything is going well but we are still a little worried because there are still a few new cases of contamination appearing in France despite the barrier measures, the government has therefore decided to make it compulsory to wear a mask in public places such as stores , shopping centers, administrations, banks and covered markets, public transport, cinemas etc.
Everyone is afraid of having to confine themselves again like a few weeks ago ..and we hope that we will not have to undergo a second wave ..

Stay safe

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 1

Count me in. I've got a Mk.5 (earmarked to be a Boeing chase plane), Avon Sabre and 1/32 F-86D in the stash.

12 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

So far everything is going well but we are still a little worried because there are still a few new cases of contamination appearing in France despite the barrier measures, the government has therefore decided to make it compulsory to wear a mask in public places such as stores , shopping centers, administrations, banks and covered markets, public transport, cinemas etc.
Everyone is afraid of having to confine themselves again like a few weeks ago ..and we hope that we will not have to undergo a second wave

That's what's happening here - fair to say people aren't very happy about it! I think this is a big difference from the first wave - first time around everyone seemed happy enough to stay at home, social distance etc, but there's more of a sense that it's getting everyone down this time, and there's a bit more resistance to it.

stay safe everyone

Julian

9 hours ago, zebra said:

Count me in. I've got a Mk.5 (earmarked to be a Boeing chase plane), Avon Sabre and 1/32 F-86D in the stash.

That's what's happening here - fair to say people aren't very happy about it! I think this is a big difference from the first wave - first time around everyone seemed happy enough to stay at home, social distance etc, but there's more of a sense that it's getting everyone down this time, and there's a bit more resistance to it.

stay safe everyone

Julian

Good morning Julian

Welcome aboard ...

I understand it was more or less the same in France at the beginning of the confinement some people seemed rather happy to stay at home  .. the confinement lasted 2 months from March to May we could only go out (for a limited period) to go do some shopping for food products and go to work (when the activity was necessary ) but but many people found it hard to endure this unusual situation .

Moreover many stores, companies have had to close or reduce their activities which has led in some cases to a drop in turnover and loss of income for the employees, we expect the number of unemployed to increase a lot this year despite aid measures taken by the government .   even if the confinement was necessary it was very expensive for our economy and I do not think that the government will decides on a new general confinement   if the number of new cases were to increase ..

Personally I hope that protective measures like wearing a mask and social distancing will be sufficient until a vaccine is found ..

So stay safe and go on modelling ..

Patrice .

• Like 1

Think I found my build... U.S.Army F-100F 56-3899 

https://friendsofthesupersabre.org/f-100f-56-3899/

It along with another U.S.Army F-100F 56-3905 

http://www.angelfire.com/dc/jinxx1/Huns/F100F563905_1.jpg

Both were used or allocated to the U.S.Army as target drones but never used. They now reside at the Glenn Martin Museum in Maryland. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, klr said:

Join me up, I haz F-86s in the stash. Does the FJ-4 Fury count?

Good afternoon klr

Welcome aboard

I must admit that I did not immediately think of the Fury series of aircraft when I ''launched'' the idea of this Gb but I think it would be very interesting to add them to this Gb .

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon klr

Welcome aboard

I must admit that I did not immediately think of the Fury series of aircraft when I ''launched'' the idea of this Gb but I think it would be very interesting to add them to this Gb .

Best Regards

Patrice

Thanks. The Fury FJ-2 and -3 were basically "navalised" F-86s, but the FJ-4 was a complete redesign. It still looked like an F-86 though, in the same way a Mk. 22 Spitfire looked like a Mk. I. I have several other marks of Sabre (-E, -F, -D, some Canadair variants), but I thought the FJ-4 would be an interesting addition. I've also got some ESCI/Italeri F-100s.

On 22/07/2020 at 08:46, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning 

After a quick search, the last gb dedicated to the F 86 dates back to 2014, so I would like to propose a gb dedicated to this aircraft and we could also add the FJ FURY

These 2 aircraft have been used by a large number of countries and they wore very colorful camouflages ..

So if you are interested tell me I will make a list  ...

Best Regards

Patrice

Good evening all

Enzo sent me a message this afternoon to tell me that the F86 Sabre and the F100 Super Sabre could not be in the same STGB so I changed the title of this STGB and opened another post for the F 100 STGB.

Thank you to all those who have already responded to specify which STGB they want to participate in so that I can update the lists  .

Patrice