UH100 Black Hawk Stealth

First of all, I must say that the Italeri, UH-60/MH-60 BLACK HAWK 'night raid' 1/48 scale kit, sucked big time. Maybe it was my bad luck but the fittings has one of the worst fittings I have ever experienced. Not only that, but the instructions was so bad. :( Thank goodness, I was not trying to duplicate any particular prototyp model, which would have been a disaster. At the end, things were so misaligned that I just had to improvised, to hide certain areas. It helped, but only to an extend. So forgive me, if certain areas do not look that they have a perfect fitting. But, that was the best I could do. The engines rotate, for take off and flight mode. Anyways, here is kit-bashed, modified, with a little scratch building involved, which resulted in this 'UH100 Black Hawk Stealth design.  Hope you like the results, regardless of the difficulties I have had trying to put this build together.

uh100_black_hawk_stealth-vi.jpg
uh100_black_hawk_stealth2-vi.jpg
uh100_black_hawk_stealth3-vi.jpg
uh100_black_hawk_stealth4-vi.jpg
uh100_black_hawk_stealth5-vi.jpg
uh100_black_hawk_stealth6-vi.jpg
uh100_black_hawk_stealth7-vi.jpg
uh100_black_hawk_stealth8-vi.jpg
uh100_black_hawk_stealth9-vi.jpg
uh100_black_hawk_stealth10-vi.jpg
uh100_black_hawk_stealth11-vi.jpg
uh100_black_hawk_stealth12-vi.jpg
uh100_black_hawk_stealth13-vi.jpg
uh100_black_hawk_stealth13a-vi.jpg
uh100_black_hawk_stealth14-vi.jpg
uh100_black_hawk_stealth15-vi.jpg
uh100_black_hawk_stealth16-vi.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Richard E said:

The offspring of a Blackhawk Helicopter and the Drop Ship from "Aliens", a fantastic paint finish and the sit looks "right".

Like it a lot.

It does have that Alien look doesn't it? Glad you liked it. 

1 hour ago, saturnapollo said:

Very impressive kitbash indeed. Pity you couldn't market it. Very sublime finish too!

Keith

Well Keith, i would have been glad to if I knew how to. :) Thanks. 

8 hours ago, Booty003 said:

Now that is something quite unique!  Great imagination and I love the paint effect that you have achieved.

Thank you kindly. Glad you like the finish project. Got another crazy project on the list. We'll see how it turns out. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mikey-1980 said:

Really like your build and especially the use of inner ear headphone buds as the air intakes for the rotating engines.

Really nice! :)

Cool that u noticed. :) Good eye. 

• Haha 1

And I thought I was the only one who'd thought of that. I have some in the spares box for future use. Drat!

Anyway, I love the build, Tiking. A great kitbash, and well done for taming the Italeri kit.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 10:03 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

And I thought I was the only one who'd thought of that. I have some in the spares box for future use. Drat!

Anyway, I love the build, Tiking. A great kitbash, and well done for taming the Italeri kit.

Thank u Pete. Happy I got it to look reasonable well. Glad you liked the results. 

• Like 1