I sold a Cow....

.....and with the profit bought a PIG of a kit! built OOB with no additions except about 3 ton of filler and enough plastic rod and strut to build a small haybarn. Still it was my fault, had the option to buy the Hobbyboss kit but being a tight fisted farmer went for the cheaper option. How it never ended up in the slurry pit l don't know, but some inspiring builds on here made me persevere and guess what, l really began to enjoy myself, it was absorbing trying to get things to fit, working out were things went ( instructions are pants) and after finally getting her over the line feeling a sense of satisfaction rarely felt with a shake and bake kit. Painted with a mixture of Humbrol and Xtracolour.                                              50134769221_3ca5efe2cb_c.jpgIntruder by peter crossman, on Flickr

50136269122_3e24f19fae_c.jpgA6 by peter crossman, on Flickr

50134929597_e48c76538b_c.jpgIntruder by peter crossman, on Flickr

50135094987_d7cf6e59bc_c.jpgIntruder by peter crossman, on Flickr

50135090577_c218e2705d_c.jpgIntruder by peter crossman, on Flickr

• Like 61

Sometimes a pig of a kit can give you that amazing feeling of triumph when you finally conqueror it, other times they end up going for a very short flight out of an upstairs window!

Very glad that you did had the former not the latter, stunning result!

• Thanks 1

Glad you persevered, because we got to see what a fine result you could produce!

I think projects like this turn us into real "builders" and not just "assemblers", if you know what I mean.

Extremely well done!  :thumbsup:😎

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Which kit and scale is this? It does look good.

Hi, it’s Kinetic’s 1/48 scale kit, to be fair it has some good points, good decals, nice detail in places, but fit of most parts, big and small is awful!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, VolkerR. said:

Looks great!

Was it a tailsitter? You lowered the arrestor hook.

Volker

Yes it’s a tail sitter, my fault, so surprised that the nose cone was a good fit l forgot to add any weights, lowered hook was a good option to keep her nice and level!

You have accomplished conquering the proverbial “Mt Everest” of A-6 Intruder kits with the amazing results you have shared with us here.  Kudos on your perseverance.  :goodjob:

Mike

• Thanks 1

Ah, so you sold a cow and received some magic beans in return?   And those magic beans turned that pig of a kit into a county-fair champ! :clap2:   One would never know of your difficulties in the build by looking at your finished product.  She does look fine and would grace any display in my humble opinion.    With that sort of result, I'd sell another cow and keep 'em comin'!  :worthy:

(Wish I had a few cows to sell right now.    Beef in Texas (of all places!) is sky high right now.   Last time I checked at the supermarket, beef brisket was selling for $5.59 per pound...I was afraid to look at the steak prices...😉)

• Haha 1