trumpeter 1/200 arizona

thankyou flyingspanner , it's better than I thought I could do too 😁 . got all 12 of the cradles done , still got two weeks to wait till I can get to brisbane for paint .

spacer.png

• Like 6

this might seem a bit of a silly question , but I was looking at the hull , contemplating the paint scheme , when I thought , does the black water line go above the red or below the grey .  I saw a build on this model on utube , by the midwest model shop , he did a brilliant job too . he put it below the grey , it just didn't look right . is this correct . any thoughts would be appreciated .

spacer.png

Edited by steve5
  • Like 1

So the black line you're referring to is called the Boot Topping, it does sit between the red anti-fouling paint, and camouflage from the water line up. 

• Like 2

Gidday Steve, don't take my word as Gospel but I think it (boot topping) goes from the waterline upwards too. So it will reduce the amount of upper hull grey, not the underwater hull red. HTH. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 2

so am I armored76 , i have done loads of square rigged sails , not so much of the modern battleships .

got the ships boats mostly done , will weather them later when i have done the hull  .

spacer.png

• Like 9

these were tricky little things to do . he said wiping the sweat from his brow .

spacer.png

spacer.png

can anyone tell me what these thing's are , and what they are for please . kit part H38

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by steve5
  • Like 7

I’m not sure I would have the patience for such tiny delicate brass work, well done!

They look to be paravanes, like an underwater kite towed from the bow used to defeat mines.

Photo:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paravane_(weapon)#/media/File%3AParavane_on_USS_Texas.jpg

Article:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paravane_(weapon)

Lewis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thankyou armored and flyingspanner ,I didn't think I had the patience either mate , but I got bored looking for something to do , so I sucked it up , took my time and it didn't come out too bad , much to my surprise .

cheers for the information on the paravanes flyingspanner .

Edited by steve5