trumpeter 1/200 arizona

my new kit the arizona , I have been having trouble with my windows 10 , they did an upgrade and took away my copy and paste .it's taken me about 2 weeks to discover anther way to post , so hopefully this works , sorry forgot to take pics of the cover

spacer.png

spacer.png

I got some PE , I'm not that flash so far with this stuff , but I 'll give it a go . the 2 on the right came with the kit , as well as the main barrels ,

IDvp7_ukdnkZu_wCdmFIE_gg64x9oWC1KeoTDz0R

tried my hand at some of the guns these barrels came with the PE kit

spacer.png

it will be a while before I can start painting , as my LHS is about 200 k's away in brisbane , and I won't be there for a couple of weeks ,  but it look's like a fun build .

Edited by steve5
  • Like 1

thanks for that jerry , as I said above , microsoft updated my computer , and took away my ability to copy and paste on google photos , thought i had overcome it , the photos are clear to me , but apparently no one else , back to the drawing board .

Edited by steve5

hopefully this works

spacer.png

spacer.png

the PE , the 2 on the right are from the kit

spacer.png

some of the rifles are done

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

hopefully these got through , thank's for looking .

Edited by steve5
  • Like 14

Gidday Steve, the photos in the first post didn't work for me either, but these are OK. This build looks to be a good one, I like the 5-inch guns. 

A little suggestion if I may with your demonstration of size. While you, I and the rest from Oz are familiar with the size of the Aussie coins other viewers from overseas may not be. I've found the same with other currency coins. Not knowing the size of the coin makes a comparison difficult. Maybe use something universal like a ruler, pen, match (no cheating with large matches 😁) etc. HTH.

This should be good seeing this come together. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 2

Cheers Jeff , will do in future . I really do it for my mates on Facebook , non of whom model unfortunately .

I have a question for the members here , I am not a rivet counter , but I have seen somewhere , that the kit is minus some extra ribbing in the hull . if so I would like to put it on , does anyone have any information on this please .

Edited by steve5
  • Like 1

I'm for this. Always liked the massive look of the ship, when I first saw it in a Revell catalogue. I'm not sure, if it was as powerfull as it looked like. Nice start on that and yep now I can see the photos too.

Cheers

• Like 1

this piece wont be used for a long time , it goes on top of the main super structure , but i'm looking for stuff to do . their is a few gaps but a bit of thick CA should fill it in

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by steve5
  • Like 5

I need a bit of help please , the PE I recieved for the kit has no ladders , does anyone know of  a site for MK1 1/200 arizona plate E , deckplate and ladders , please . I would be very grateful , thankyou .

thankyou armored , got a bit more done on the railing . my CA might be getting a liittle old , had a lot of trouble gluing the rails down . but when it came to the the little brass hut at the top , first touch stuck fast , nearly ruined it trying to get it off . 😡

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

no mate , the actual gluing is pretty easy , toothpick , dab of CA , it's the bending to the pretty distinct curves that ruffles your feathers , as I am only just getting somewhat of the hang , of how to do this . 

• Like 1

cheers mate , had a bit of a play with the boats . as I was a bit cheap and and only got half of the P E availiable for this kit  , which I will not do again , I used some 1/350 PE railing for the boat sides , after paint I don't think you will see too much difference .

spacer.png

Edited by steve5
  • Like 11

after a lot of swearing , I finally got these boat cradles together , they're not brilliant , but I am really chuffed with them , believe me , they are better than my earlier efforts , now for some more swearing on the smaller one's . 🤬

spacer.png

• Like 12

2 hours ago, steve5 said:

after a lot of swearing , I finally got these boat cradles together

Gidday Steve, I thought I detected an atmospheric disturbance in the east. The boat cradles look good, thought. The boats in the post above look good too. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

thanks guy's , appreciate the comments . thought you might hear a bigger disturbance from the east arnold , but everything went so well  .  hopefully the modeling gods stay with me mate . this is how it starts , flat PE , and very good instructions

spacer.png

we end up with this

spacer.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1