Italieri He 111H-6 +++FINISHED+++

GREG DESTEC

51 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Hope you are well. Hope you manage to get the wing sorted and re-attached okay.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix 👍

Refitting the wing should be straightforward enough. Getting the correct dihedral, may be another matter 😕

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Moving on......

I reattached the wing and although its not perfect i am happier it looks better than it was.

The cockpit crew have been added with the interior of the glazed area, and it was very fiddly getting the pilot to hold the control column but after a lot of faffing about i got it all in place. I also added the engines minus the props and exhausts. At this point I managed to break off the waist guns 😟 however I saved the barrels and will reattach them at the end 😄

I am now looking to complete the nose glazing before getting some paint on the airframe.

Onwards and upwards!

Cheers Greg

50225501057_2be9657130_z.jpg

50225501027_71eda8a04d_z.jpg

50224630708_3021057801_z.jpg

• Like 8

The control column looks more in scale than the Airfix one which is far too high or the seat is too low. After looking at your pilot i am going to have a go at painting the eyes of mine ,it makes so much difference .

1 hour ago, Mottlemaster said:

The control column looks more in scale than the Airfix one which is far too high or the seat is too low. After looking at your pilot i am going to have a go at painting the eyes of mine ,it makes so much difference .

Cheers Alastair 👍

BTW my painting skills do not extend to painting eyes in 1/72 👀!

All I did was apply a wash to the figure. The eye sockets are darkened by the wash. Looks a bit better than just plain flesh coloured paint. 

Cheers Greg 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Planebuilder62 said:

Well done Greg.

My build has stalled a bit. I`ve been glueing the nose on before the wings and then summer arrived in town a week ago and modelling has ground to a halt.

regards Toby

My eyes were playing tricks on me . I was sure that i could see the whites of their eyes and even black pupils. Must go to Vision Express or Barnard Castle 🤨

Thanks chaps! 😁

I'll be gluing the nose glazing on next 😬, which is a bit nerve wracking on the He 111. 

Time for an update....

Main canopies have been added along with the racks for the torpedoes. I have now commenced painting by hairy stick using aeromaster and humbrol acrylics. 

RLM 79 and RLM 65 have been applied as have the white theater markings on the rear fuselage and the wingtips.  I am applying the bloched green patches using a small brush which is very nearly dry. The colour is then built up gradually with stippling stabbing with the brush in a disruptive pattern. So far i have done the first third of the port wing.

I have yet to tackle the painting on the glazing, and may well order masks as Toby has suggested...

Thats it for now, TFL

Cheers Greg

50257529448_e5f5530e0f_z.jpg

50258375617_4b8c3a5c16_z.jpg

50258375577_f3058746d1_z.jpg

• Like 9

Hi Greg . I like your blotches .Are they pre planed from a refrance or are you improvising ? 

I fully recomend a masking set for your 111 . Must be high in the top 10 models of any type where a mask almost pays for itself  (That cant be true) well you know what i mean  ;)

• Like 1

Hi Greg . I like your blotches .Are they pre planed from a refrance or are you improvising ? 

I fully recomend a masking set for your 111 . Must be high in the top 10 models of any type where a mask almost pays for itself  (That cant be true) well you know what i mean  ;)

Hi Alastair,

My blotches are improvised. I haven't seen any reference photos of this scheme so have assumed the kit instructions are also "best guess". 

May well get masks as I have the Airfix kit same as yours in the stash. 

Cheers Greg 👍

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great work Greg

Just about start on the same kit.

Can i ask what colours you used for painting the crew ?

Cheers Pat

Hi Pat, 

Thanks for the kind comments 👍

I used Humbrol Hu118 acrylic lightened with a bit of white for the flight suits. 

Cheers Greg

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Hope you are well. Looks like you have been making great progress on this. Well done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix 👍

I should be posting more progress photos soon as I finished the blotches tonight. 

Cheers Greg 

10 hours ago, Greg Law said:

looking good Greg. You always were a great blotch  ma🙂n

Thanks Greg 👍

I am working on the canopy frames now so should have some update pics soon 😁

Cheers Greg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mottlemaster said:

On the home run now . You got those blotches spot on Its going to be a beauty Greg .

Thanks Alastair!

I'm taking my time with the canopy frames but once that's done it should progress quickly.

Cheers Greg 😁

Great work on the blotches Greg! And good luck with the canopy frames. Painting canopy frames is one of the jobs I put off until nearer the end!

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Great work on the blotches Greg! And good luck with the canopy frames. Painting canopy frames is one of the jobs I put off until nearer the end!

Kind regards, 

Stix

Thanks Stix 👍

More progress updates shortly.......

Cheers Greg

• Like 2