P-63 Kingcobra, G.C. 1/5 Vendee, Tan Son Nhut, 1949

Excellent Russ!!!!  Not many King Cobra`s have been featured here and your`s is spot on perfect.  Outstanding attention to detail with the natural metal finish and weathering.  Very nice as usual Russ!!! :goodjob:

Mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Russ,

Very, very nice Kingcobra- you nailed the weathered natural metal finish they acquired after exposure to the tropical sun and grit blown up at the strips from which they were based! Still hoping we get a state of the art kit in 1/72, as the Dora Wings example is 'way too complicated for no apparent reason, and the Toko and Aoshima efforts are pretty poor. (Are you listening, Arma Hobby- right up your alley; can get all the versions with some simple engineering!)

Mike

I think the French P-63's are the most handsome of the lot- excellent choice! :like:

• Thanks 1

Another wonderful model Russ and I really like the French Kingcobra`s,...... they looked so well used..... and you`ve got that look off to an absolute tee mate,

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

Hi Russ,

what a beauty in this NMF finish. A very rare model and you made it perfect with this atmospheric photographs.

very nice modelling!

best regards 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice Russ, well done sir!  It's good to see some of the forgotten types used by the French in Indochina.

Will you be doing something from Indochina for the Vietnam GB?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wez said:

Very nice Russ, well done sir!  It's good to see some of the forgotten types used by the French in Indochina.

Will you be doing something from Indochina for the Vietnam GB?

Thanks Wez, glad you like it.

Thanks too for the interest but I doubt if I`ll join a group build, I`m not organised enough to remember to do WIP, photo`s etc.

Cheers though, Russ

2 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Another cracker Russ, you must get bored of the plaudits!! Look forward to seeing what’s next. Have you done a Vietnamese Storch/Morane Saulnier Criquet yet?

Thanks FF, I don`t get bored, humbled sometimes, pleased that people like my stuff mostly 🙂. I appreciate feed back and enjoy sharing my interests too.

Re: Criquet,   

Pssst, I`ve a Ju-52 in the stash, don`t tell anyone though! Be a while `til I start on that though, still psyching my self up😬

Cheers Russ 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

An absolute cracker, looks great in that scheme. 

I had a Mach 2 P-63, it was such a dog that I binned it. 

Pete

Thanks Pete, Mach 2.....sounds even less civilized that my old F/M build and I thought that was difficult.

Cheers Russ

• Like 1

Super, Russ.  I'd like to know how you get the softness in the images without loosing the detail.

Mach 2 P-63?  I didn't know they ever did one.  I built the 1/48 MPM P-63 and survived it but it was some work.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jeaton01 said:

Super, Russ.  I'd like to know how you get the softness in the images without loosing the detail.

Mach 2 P-63?  I didn't know they ever did one.  I built the 1/48 MPM P-63 and survived it but it was some work.

Thanks J,

I`m not sure what you mean by softness, if you mean the panel lines: I draw them in with a pencil and then sort of dry brush over them with olive drabs and greys to knock them back a bit.

If you mean the whole images: it`s just that I not a very good photographer 🙂

Cheers Russ 

1 hour ago, VG 33 said:

Hi Russ

I love this one and I like everything that fought in Indochina and Viet Nam.

You built a fantastic kit.

Thank you for sharing.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick,

Don`t know if you`ve seen this before? If you have, my apologies, here`s the Indochina collection so far:  

1 hour ago, russ c said:

Thanks Patrick,

Don`t know if you`ve seen this before? If you have, my apologies, here`s the Indochina collection so far:  

I saw them at the time but I have forgotten since. This really is a very nice subject and you built fantastic kits even in the wrong scale 😄

I have already built 1/72 Spitfire, Dakota and Ki-43 from this theatre of operation.

Patrick

• Like 1