1/32 Heinkel He-111P KG 55 Greif

Arniec

Hi guys, 

I will be building a Heinkel He-111 P from Revell in 1/32 scale. I have some goodies for it.

I will be using a mask set from Montex for a plane from 9/KG55. 

Here are some pictures

The boxart

IMG_4969

and a box full of plastic.

IMG_4970

and some of the extra's I want to use

IMG_4971

As you can see is there the bomb rack from the H version. As I am making a later P version I need this. Also the exhaust are different and I use some from a H version.

I have also got a set from Montex for the maskes including the masks for the 9/KG55.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

The Montex masks in 1/32 are superb . looking forward seeing how you tackle this one .

Its going to leave Europe short of RLM 65 paint 🤔

😆 it will be okay with the RLM 65. The underside will be mainly black😉

I have used masks from Montex before and they are good to use.

I hope I have enough time to finish it.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

As the host of this GB I can be far behind the rest, so here is a update of what I have done till now.

I made the internal bombracks and also started the cockpit. 

IMG_5056

Then it was time to do the engines. They aren't easy to make. It was quite flimsie.

So I changed the sequence of building them after the firs one and it went a lot easier. Instead of first doing the outside and then place the front plate I first mated the frondplate to the bottom plate and then build the rest up.

Here is one with still a lot of tape around it to clamp it till it was dry.

IMG_5054

Then I made the central wing. including the wheelbays.

IMG_5055

And then I mated everything together.

IMG_5057

This is how far I got today.

Cheers,

• Like 8

On 02/08/2020 at 19:22, Arniec said:

So I changed the sequence of building them after the firs one and it went a lot easier. Instead of first doing the outside and then place the front plate I first mated the frondplate to the bottom plate and then build the rest up.

I did the same with the ICM kit, I've had to do some sanding to get them all together without gaps but it is done now, with this soft plastic, you leave it a couple of days and think it must be dry and you start to clean up the joints but it's still soft under the surface,  Good job we have until October to finish them by. :hmmm:

• Like 1

I have removed the tape today and it looks better then I thought it would.  There was just a bit of cleaning up to do. 

Cheers,

Finally a update. It is to warm to do some modelling where I live, but I still manage.

I have done some work on the fuselage and cockpit. I know it is not much.

Here is the cockpit.

IMG_5060

And the fuselage.

IMG_5059

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 6

This must be filling your work space . Has the revell box disintergrated yet ? Revell must hold the record for the weakest packaging . May the humidity gods be with you when you start to paint  .:}

cheers

Alistair

• Like 1

Im finding working in 1/72 a completly different experience than my normal 1/48 and 1/32 . I think the stash may swing towards 1/72 now . Can even think about some large 4 and 6 engined aircraft .

does the enginering alowe the wings to be left off untill painting has been completed  ?

cheers

Alistair

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

Im finding working in 1/72 a completly different experience than my normal 1/48 and 1/32 . I think the stash may swing towards 1/72 now . Can even think about some large 4 and 6 engined aircraft .

does the enginering alowe the wings to be left off untill painting has been completed  ?

cheers

Alistair

I think you can leave it of, but then you will propably problems with the camo to get it in line. 

I will see how it goes.

Cheers,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mottlemaster said:

How's the big bird coming on Arnold ?

Cheers

Alistair

It is going slow at the moment. Been working on the seatbelts and I hope to give the interior some paint soon. then I can close it and move on.

Cheers,

Finally a update from me. I have painted the inside and did some extra's with the zoom set from Eduard. It looks realy good. The only downside is that it is printed in RLM02 instead of RLM66.

Here are some pictures.

the Cockpit.

IMG_5062

and the fuselage.

IMG_5067

with the radio's

IMG_5066

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 6

Typical Eduard . Most radio equipment was dark grey even on early year aircraft where interior was 02 .

iv been collecting luftwaffe parts for around 20 years and have hardly ever seen 02 painted equipment and if i have its often overpainte dark grey .  Got to admitt the detail looks spot on even down to data plates .

• Like 2

On 26/08/2020 at 17:44, Mottlemaster said:

Typical Eduard . Most radio equipment was dark grey even on early year aircraft where interior was 02 .

I have the same problem with the Eduard p/e for the ICM H-3 kit, all coloured RLM02, but strangely the Eduard p/e for the Monogram He111 is coloured RLM66. :hmmm:

• Like 1

I have been bussy the last vew days. 

The fuselage glued and taped together

IMG_5068

After this had dried I have cleaned up the seams and put the centre wing on to the fuselage

IMG_5070

And then it was time to make the tail pieces and the outer wings.

IMG_5071

I have cleaned up the seams today and glued everything together. Then you get a big model with a span of nearly 71 cm.

IMG_5073

That needs to dry now and then I can move on with the "Beast"

Cheers,

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Did you have a big gap when joining one of the wings together?

No, they fitted quite well. there is only on the underside a small gap, that I will fill with mr surfacer.

Cheers,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1