1/32 Heinkel He-111P KG 55 Greif

Arniec

Hi guys,

Here is a update of what has been done the last weeks.

I have placed the instrument panel inside of one of the glas parts.

IMG_5074

That looks realy nice.

And then it was time to put all the glass parts on the model. The tape was there to hold everything in place till it was dry

I also placed the parts for the mg's without their barrels, as they will be replaced with some resin versions from Quickboost (from the Ju-87)

IMG_5075

Yesterday I placed the landing gear 

IMG_5076

It weas a bit fiddely to place as there is no good place to put the clamps for the landing gear and the manual is vage.

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 3

That instrument panel looks the Bijen knieën  -----bees Knees .

I see in the background you have the Das Werk 1/32 JU EF 126 . We are lucky to be liveing in some exciting times for those of us who are Luft 46 fans . Which version takes your fancy ? Im going with the twin pulse jet .

Cheers

Alistair

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

That instrument panel looks the Bijen knieën  -----bees Knees .

I see in the background you have the Das Werk 1/32 JU EF 126 . We are lucky to be liveing in some exciting times for those of us who are Luft 46 fans . Which version takes your fancy ? Im going with the twin pulse jet .

Cheers

Alistair

I might get a second Ju EF 126 and I want to build te twin jet version and the rocket version. I bought it from a friend and he also had the Wooden decalsheet for the wings with it. 

Cheers,

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have made a start on masking the model. I have done two third. The rest will be done later in the week, so that I can start painting the model. It nearly took three hours to do it.

Hope to have soon a update with some pictures.

Cheers,

• Like 2

Hi guys, 

As I have been bussy at work and don't have much time to model, I finally managed to do something.

Here is a picture after the masking was done. I used montex masks as a template to make some from tamiya tape.

IMG_5082

And I also managed to get some paint on. I first painted the canopie with grey RLM 66 and after that I put on some RLM 71 dark green.

IMG_5083

That is it for now, but I hope to mask the green tomorrow and paint the other half of the camo in RLM 70 Black green.

Cheers,

• Like 4

I have managed to do some more work on her the last few days Toby. 

I have painted the RLM70 and the underside black. I have started this evening with the Decals as well. I will try to do a update tomorrow with hopefully some pictures.

Cheers,

And here is a update with pictures that was done this weekend. I am nearing the finish and hope to get it ready for next week.

Here is a picture after I masked the RLM71 and airbrushed the RLM70.

IMG_5086

and after the masking was removed

IMG_5087

Then it was time to put on  some black on the underside.

IMG_5091 IMG_5092

And then I found a decal sheet in my collection that would make my life easier to finish on time.

IMG_5090 IMG_5089

I will do White F from KG 55.

And here are the last two pictures after putting the decals on. 

IMG_5095 IMG_5096

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 7

Well guys I have made it to the finish.

Here are a few pictures of the last things done before the end. 

I have done some dry brushing with RLM 65 to show the original underside color thrue.

IMG_5100 IMG_5098 IMG_5097

and this is how she is finished

IMG_5102

It is a big model compared to the Ju-88 A1 thaqt I builded a long time ago, but she looks good. even as there are some imperfections in the build. (most of my own hands)

The other pictures I will place in the gallery.

Cheers,

• Like 7

• Arniec changed the title to 1/32 Heinkel He-111P KG 55 Greif