Tim builds Satan 1 - COMPLETED

After deliberating since I got up today, I've decided to return with this Airfix Sea Harrier FA2.

This Club Set given to me in 2013 by an archery mum,  whom I helped with selling some deceased estate stuff.

Airfix-Sea-Harrier-FA2.jpg

Going for this option.

Satan1.jpg

With these decals

Decals.jpg

Parts

Parts.jpg

Cos I've got the book, won in a raffle amongst members of Harrier SIG,

Book.jpg

Project 899

Project899.jpg

• Like 11

Hi there

I made one of these a few years ago using the model alliance decal sheet. That was printed the same way as the airfix one. I found that that large decal on the back of the plane needs cutting in several places as the decal is flat and the kit is 3 dimnesional. Some painting in the cut areas was needed afterwards which was difficult because the gloss red I was using really needed a white undercoat before I put it on. I found that out afterwards.

regards Toby

• Thanks 1

As always, a bit of a slow start - but some progress in the cockpit.

Cockpit-Bits.jpg

Surprisingly, there's nothing in the structions saying about the instrument decals on the sheet.

Good job I've got the nouse to look for them, and good references.

• Like 3

Pulling the airframe together.  Seams treated with Tippex.

Airfix-Harrier.jpg

This kit features inserts for the blow-in doors on the intakes.  I chose upper doors open, lower doors closed - for a shut down, parked aircraft.

Alternate fully closed doors for in-flight at high speed pose - that would require a pilot.

• Like 4

Undercarriage doors fitted.  These doors cycle whilst the gear retracts/lowers, and are closed for most of the time. 

And the main doors sag open as hydraulic pressure bleeds away - as I've modelled.

Doors.jpg

For my Xtrakit, these are moulded closed - depicted immediately after landing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Guess who has this kit in stock too. :)

Not with me!

😁

B.R.

Serge

P.S. Subscribed to the topic!

😉

• Haha 1

Looking really good Tim. I bought the Airfix club kits of these years ago & then needing cash to buy something else, sold them on. :( I've since bought the standard kits that the club kits were based on to finish in service colours, but it is nice to see what I might have ended up with. :) 

Steve.

• Thanks 1