KAMAZ Typhoon K

Hi all,

here I am with some progress. During the last few days I managed to assemble all three wheel suspensions...

y4mL3SR42T6ipDEO9WB_mrpubZbQPrhEluLZP0Vi

...dryfit in place...

y4mJiEU0WHitliVFr2Y-2kd-0DfO_pwyaJVSDIo1

...painted black...

y4mXZrmVYaFzQcERh4P_A2JCUmamBiC-9rRCLigS

...prepared and painted some smaller parts that go onto the chassis...

y4mtQe5plsY8Hhcmink0hN-aW5RsHV2oDBUt2qq5

...and in place now. Some parts at the front have to be painted and attached, and the lower half of the vehicle will be done.

y4mVeiV8Y8JntrvkGBf_Knm1DKZa9PRQxTiEGwv2

That's all for now, thanks for looking! Any comments are welcome.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

well, it lasted longer than I thought to show you some progress here. Sorry for that. Too much work and not much time for the workbench to keep on with this build. Mojo hasn't gone, it was just the situation at work.

So small step after small step I finished the lower hull by painting and adding the front parts and some parts at the rear of the chassis.

y4msCgf-Rciuj3bwZ9uMj_S8FYPq2lbiooizRH5o

y4mWTg2GRnrsxMkF3V_7411Ulumdob-P7LzGIhC3

After this I primed the inner sides, crew cabin floor and front wall and the floor of the driver's compartment.

y4mIg9_2b35XiagHA_H74ODU4fdQPKTGK2i_XtFK

y4muo6TIww3JCvm6S7zwoiRtb7Koph_UqeG0838f

After a few days I sprayed the interior medium gray.

y4m8IlicZbajAASoMbZPtLWbw2a7SICpmYzCrO93

Another week later (or more?) I also primed and sprayed the dashboard and the the back wall of the driver's cabin medium gray and brush painted the details on the dashboard and the front wall of the crew cabin. I also masked off the cabin floor and painted it anthrazite.

y4m_P_1XxZNweSXGo9aYZL7-bgFngK9MdfABcSCQ

Everything dry fit to give you an idea how it will look like,

y4mRyCSmAeCxmCg9-72GwIKPUl1Ct4hfoYiS3xvU

y4meCTF9HyF8H69Ft-4w9yzyt1WNa-_duFc5R7p2

y4mlms8DmFoBrD61hwZLv2Cf40UA6xuMstOtl2PL

The crew's seats got a grey wash to bring out the details.

y4muD7UsayrM3wz8WUud0btYzZmDFxE5T0uwAM4h

That's where I am now. Progress will be even slower now, as I will start to struggle with the photo etch seat belts. There are eleven parts for every one of the 17 seats. This will take quite a while and will stress my patience a lot, so please wish me luck.

Thank you very much for looking, any comments are welcome!

Stay safe!

• Like 8

Nice to see you back with this one Nick, it is coming together very nicely now.

Good luck with the seat belts but I'm sure you won't need it!

Stay safe      Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Hamden Hi Roger, thank you very much for your encouraging words. I have always had problems with photo etch parts, my fingers are too clumsy for such tiny thingies. Those seventeen seats cry for belts, so I will try to do my best not to mess up the nice interior. Otherwise I will have to keep all the hatches and doors closed. 

Stay safe!

• Like 1

Hi all,

the first seat is done! Only 16 left now...

y4mevcOSiK877WfztGplbgrixsKPyeCuia8onYn5

y4mhPlor9iwMsogVg1ksfP2c5jkCcA_AQbjmdImM

I am quite pleased with how it looks, although it's not perfect.

I attached the dashboard and added the steering wheel. I also gave the dashboard a slight wash.

y4m1kx2MynkqqXG62TKc8GA68PhNhn-wq-etaUlp

That's all for this time, thanks for looking!

Stay safe

• Like 7

@vytautas, @Andy Moore, @Hamden, @Bullbasket Thank you very much for your very kind words, gentlemen! You are too generous, my photo etch skills are still very limited. Believe it or not - all of a sudden today it started to make fun to work with the photo etch seat belts! (I must be sick!)

Here you see all eleven parts that make up the seat belts for one seat. The part with the circular end is already bent, otherwise you would see two circular shapes.

y4mFBvSk1YauaJ7u8rDwTfn9pyFBgZ6_x7xiNDpF

Next step is to bend the buckles and the belts. Without a bending tool it would be almost impossible to bend the small buckles. The belts I bent around a thin wire.

y4mtRPjrtprkmXAM0T9gLBMilAzT46i-iN3qbrES

After this the challenge is to push the lower parts of the seat belts through the buckles to make them look like this:

y4mu3J2l0IcE3k4wKkx-PPHsZ8a6ocPuwSY7lkXs

Then hook up and fix the upper parts and the shoulder straps are nearly done!

y4mLkh2ov1hVMfZWkPIu8dtMG8H355tQX2puHw8V

y4mXWHWqu1eb6yICyE5qiqKQZqU3XYH4Elx6-Rr_

After painting the straps I bent the small orange straps also around a thin wire and pushed them around the lowest link of the buckles. After some strugggling with the "super"glue the second seat (the left one) was done.

y4mEEcxuUzVbj_RsFa4uvjbZWOouzWCX3l6oUT1d

The front office starts to get busy now! Just one seat left, and it will be done. (Seats dry fit) In between all those steps I managed to slightly dirty up the cabin's floor with some brown pigments.

y4m2zzniKUoUL2-F-ucDekbToH03myKVdMfebbCw

y4m9Sb5cblnRPtxwNssMiyuAJtRmD2w62fJ5IptK

That's all for today! Thanks for looking and please wish me luck - still 15 seats to go!

Stay safe

• Like 7

Right then, it's me and my boring seats again.

Seat #3 is done. Little disaster struck during the making of the seatbelts. First the lower part of the shoulder straps, that has to be pushed through the buckle broke in two while I bent it to get it through. No big problem, I just glued the front part to the buckle and the other one to the back. This brought the problem that the small orange strap couldn't be stuck onto the lowest link of the buckle anymore. Then the small strap pinged off my tweezers into the void, so I had to cut off a piece of the photo etch fret which was in similar size and glued it to the buckle. Problem solved, disaster averted. It's the right hand strap in the pic below.

y4mzqzrMSnwEj1xyDQza3MLoHuSkb2BlXkbaeT3N

y4mOUxQpbL4D70dwN3j2aePU0TNt8qSGqUd4gSCA

Front office completed...

y4mOPj6ciuKMof-2buod4MRBE0Bo3xhZLhyx4MJh

y4mLRZfYpXaoKRindWb8kD405MFKlKlIE6wKLj41

...and put into place to give an impression of how it'll look like in the end.

y4mAzFnlraEu3EQZtMyF9r7r4fwEa4vmE7NcQmhz

Not so bad, right?

y4mx5euN9qeRxwNybYnkuzkFi9QbdRpZadrU_sHn

y4mU_OMUbL9dKK14gWabJIs45aSN_kjx_KiXLAq1

Ok, no more boring seatbelt pics for a while, I hope there will be no more disaster while doing the rest of the seats.

Thanks for looking!

Stay safe

• Like 6

Sometimes, it's worth persevering with the tedious jobs, because in the end, when it all comes together, what a difference it makes. That is first class work Nick. Great job.

John.

• Thanks 1