Arma Hurricane. A desert one this time...

Another Arma Hurricane. This time a IIc belonging to 1 squadron SAAF.

Again built straight from the box except for some Eduard seatbelts and Master metal gun barrels and shrouds. 

I've also tried some of the AK Real colours which I was quite impressed with. Decals are a mixture of kit and Xtradecal as I believe the codes should be white? Anyway, thanks for looking again.

50129601461_b1602bd190_b.jpg1

50129817912_76bde873d1_b.jpg2

50129024433_bbb598e102_b.jpg3

50129809672_d8562c97c7_b.jpg4

50129035948_1c7d77ed7a_b.jpg5

• Like 44
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, keithjs said:

Another Arma Hurricane. This time a IIc belonging to 1 squadron SAAF.

Again built straight from the box except for some Eduard seatbelts and Master metal gun barrels and shrouds. 

I've also tried some of the AK Real colours which I was quite impressed with. Decals are a mixture of kit and Xtradecal as I believe the codes should be white? Anyway, thanks for looking again.

50129601461_b1602bd190_b.jpg1

50129817912_76bde873d1_b.jpg2

50129024433_bbb598e102_b.jpg3

50129809672_d8562c97c7_b.jpg4

50129035948_1c7d77ed7a_b.jpg5

Nice job. I provided the info and ideas for this and other decal options to Arma and I believed the codes to be white too. There is a reference in squadron journals to the `Duck Egg Blue wallah' who painted the codes,.... and so Arma decided to go with a duck egg blue colour instead. They could well be right,..... who knows eh?

Cheers

Tony

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

Great job... Got the Navy version in my stash yet to start....  Why did they do away with the outside canon?

Thank you. I really don't know? Maybe someone can enlighten us. I'd like to know too...

• Like 1

Four Hispanos was a very heavy installation, affecting climb and acceleration plus making handling more sluggish.  This was an acceptable trade-off for firepower if the target was going to be enemy bomber fleets over the UK, but this was not the case in North Africa or SEAC.  So removing two cannon improved matters considerably, particularly as they were faced by superior fighters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She's a beaut! Judging from the great number of their Hurricane kits featured here on BM, Arma Hobby has a real winner with their Hurricane releases. Maybe a IID/IV might be forthcoming? @Graham Boak's comments on the rationale for removing a pair of Hispanos are correct; plus removing that much weight outboard would also improve the roll rate, I would think.

Mike

You can be proud of this one, @keithjs👍

On 20/07/2020 at 13:59, Graham Boak said:

Four Hispanos was a very heavy installation, affecting climb and acceleration plus making handling more sluggish.  This was an acceptable trade-off for firepower if the target was going to be enemy bomber fleets over the UK, but this was not the case in North Africa or SEAC.  So removing two cannon improved matters considerably, particularly as they were faced by superior fighters.

Yes, that would make sense....Cheers.