Hobby Boss UH-34A ** FINISHED **

Superb build!  I will take your work as a primer for the Arctic GB and my Soviet helicopter...

Welcome to the Group Build section of the forum.  IMHO. the only place to be...

Yes...as Minion says...sign up!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you! I will have a look at that proposed GB but I think I've already signed up to several others! Still, any excuse to use more of that decal sheet is good :) What I'm really hoping for is that someone will release a new kit of the Sikorsky S-55. There are decals for 2 machines on the sheet. It is odd that there is no modern kit of this iconic chopper on the market at the moment.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jur said:

Thank you! I will have a look at that proposed GB but I think I've already signed up to several others! Still, any excuse to use more of that decal sheet is good :) What I'm really hoping for is that someone will release a new kit of the Sikorsky S-55. There are decals for 2 machines on the sheet. It is odd that there is no modern kit of this iconic chopper on the market at the moment.

The GB is only a proposal for next year at the minute, it needs enough people to sign up for it to get to the voting stage and then enough to vote for it to see it through so it's not a certainty yet.

As for the S-55 there is the very nice Italeri kit, the only issue there is that Italeri have chosen not to release it for quite a few years so you are forced to go down the second hand route. I built one years ago and really enjoyed it and am lucky enough to have a couple in the stash, if I see one at a reasonable price either online or at model shows (remember those!) I snap it up as they are very nice and there are no end of interesting schemes for them including the couple on the Max Decals sheet.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...