Airfix 1/48 P-40b Tomahawk AK457

Hi all,

Not done much at the bench recently due to 1/1 stuff that needed doing. This has been sat on the bench for about 3 weeks with just the canopy to mask so I got it done today. Nice little kit. OOB except for seatbelt and gun sights which came from an etch set.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking :)

Neil

• Like 31

Lovely job Neil,..... it looks the bee`s knee`s and your new rivet tool has been put to very good use again. I`m struggling with a decent Dark Earth at the moment for a desert P-40,..... but your paint job is impeccable! 

All the best bud,

Tony

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

Lovely job Neil,..... it looks the bee`s knee`s and your new rivet tool has been put to very good use again. I`m struggling with a decent Dark Earth at the moment for a desert P-40,..... but your paint job is impeccable! 

All the best bud,

Tony

Cheers mate. I’ve used the Mr hobby dark earth for a while now and like it. The Tamiya xf72 is a very close match to it as well, I use it for touching up if I’ve already got the matt down

52 minutes ago, Angell328 said:

Always liked the RAF desert scheme and you have pulled it off superbly.

Thanks, me too, i fancy building a few more fighters in the desert scheme this year.

32 minutes ago, Back in the Saddle said:

Very nice Neil. As @Angell328 said, the desert scheme looks great - once I've emptied the stash a bit more I want to get this kit! 👍

Cheers mate. I certainly recommend it, the only issue was some gaps at the wing root but nothing major

cheers

neil

• Like 2