Matchbox Sea Harrier.

Afternoon folk's,yes more ancient plastic in the form of Matchbox's Shar, done in what is my opinion the best of the few scheme's they wore,picked up

for a fiver and original decal's used,white was sprayed but brushed on the rest.As usual many thank's for looking in.

20200718_133049

20200718_130255

20200718_130239

20200718_130232

20200718_130224

20200718_130219

20200718_130210

• Like 40

Amazing job done there!!

I’ve got two Matchbox Harriers myself.

They're good kits in my opinion.

Also liking the original “M” stand as well

👏👏👏

Edited by Brigbeale
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, LostCosmonauts said:

Gorgeous - you finished your vintage Airfix kick and onto all of the old Matchbox range now?

Still got a few Airfix in the pile to do then there's the Heller GB to come!:D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tonyot said:

Nicely done Steve,.... I remember building this kit in 1982 during the Falklands War,..... takes me back mate.

Same here. Matchbox were very quick getting their Sea Harrier out whilst they were still being mentioned in the news.

• Like 2

Made this too when young, Matchbox at it's best, not to mention it's great box art, not only have you done it well you took me back many years when young and care free when the only problems I had was when and how I'd get my next Matchbox from the local papershop so thanks Steve 👍 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toe said:

Made this too when young, Matchbox at it's best, not to mention it's great box art, not only have you done it well you took me back many years when young and care free when the only problems I had was when and how I'd get my next Matchbox from the local papershop so thanks Steve 👍 

Thank's Toe,it's sad  I started a new job a couple of weeks ago and visit over a dozen newsagent's daily not one has any model kits in at all !

as a kid in a relatively small town both newsagent's and the hardware store sold kit's.

• Like 1

Lovely job Steve! A superb looking Matchbox SHAR with full justice done. Hope we see a few more of these classic Matchbox gems from you.

Nice coloured Matchbox stand too! I seem to remember the coloured stands being a bit of a rarity, usually being clear. Getting one was a bit like getting a golden ticket in a Wonka bar.

Right! I think my Matchbox stash has started calling me.

Steve.

• Like 1