747 Retirement/50th anniversary STGB at 19

6 hours ago, 71chally said:

BTW I haven't a clue how group builds work, do we all wait until notification to start building?

This being a standard group build would need 30 members to sign up for it. If that happens before November 1st of any year it then qualifies for the November group build vote. Every member of the forum is allowed to vote for up to 7-8-9 builds. The top 7-8-9 that get the most votes qualify for the following years group build roster. As if December 1st the hosts of those winning builds and Enzo Matrix work out a schedule. The 1st date is usually about the second week of January. Single type builds such as this need only 25 signups and automatically qualify for the next available slot which if memory serves is very late 2021 or early 2022. Plenty of time to gather materials, kit, A/market and research information. Most hosts will send out a reminder at the beginning of November, usually to get as many signups to vote in the poll. 

Dennis

• Thanks 1

Given whats currently happening to the 747 fleets and what will soon happen to the airframes themselves perhaps we could "persuade" @Enzo Matrix to bump this up the schedule should it get the support. On that note saw a pic of 747's from various fleets line up at kemble last night, so sad 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

On 7/26/2020 at 7:32 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

This being a standard group build would need 30 members to sign up for it. If that happens before November 1st of any year it then qualifies for the November group build vote. Every member of the forum is allowed to vote for up to 7-8-9 builds. The top 7-8-9 that get the most votes qualify for the following years group build roster. As if December 1st the hosts of those winning builds and Enzo Matrix work out a schedule. The 1st date is usually about the second week of January. Single type builds such as this need only 25 signups and automatically qualify for the next available slot which if memory serves is very late 2021 or early 2022. Plenty of time to gather materials, kit, A/market and research information. Most hosts will send out a reminder at the beginning of November, usually to get as many signups to vote in the poll. 

Dennis

I thought this was going to be a Single Type GB Dennis? Which means less votes (20?) and if a slot is available, then automatically in next years GB line up.

3 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I thought this was going to be a Single Type GB Dennis? Which means less votes (20?) and if a slot is available, then automatically in next years GB line up.

Hello Ray I think these are still the current guidelines ? 

But only @Enzo Matrix can confirm, I'm not sure exactly when the next available time slot is. I’m not aware of the full roster of STGB’s beyond the 2020 listing. Maybe Enzo could post a list of whats coming up and the dates for 2021 and beyond

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

• 3 months later...
  • PhantomBigStu changed the title to 747 Retirement/50th anniversary STGB at 19
6 hours ago, Back in the Saddle said:

Do we still need another 6 participants to qualify for the bunfight?

Single-Type GB (STGB) only require 25 to pass.  STGBs also bypass the bunfight and automatically go to the tail of the STGB roster, which I believe now we are starting to line up in 2022 (bit over a year out).