NEW cockpit

dov

Hallo

As I found out right now by a newsletter, the first realy good looking and realistic looking cockpit in 3D Laser print is available.

COCKPIT 3D Laser

The big difference to photo etched parts is the absolute realistic 3D effect. This is a major step for modelling in future days.

Check it out!

Sincerely & Happy modelling

Just be aware they are based in Russia and with all that's going on with the pandemic delivery could be an issue.  I ordered a couple of items from them in mid-April and have still not received them.

Regards,

Murph

Update on the delivery I mentioned above.  The items finally arrived, three months to the day after they were ordered.  This was no fault of the seller, they got the stuff into the postal system quickly; it took forever for it to get out of Russia though.

Regards,

Murph

Got their set for the GWH MiG-29SMT from a shop in the Netherlands and the detail is nothing short of amazing. They advise to use additional adhesive (diluted white glue or cyanacrylate glue if you are brave enough) as the 3D decals won't stick by themselves. Will be interesting to see how they are to work with.

Cheers

Markus

Hallo

This product is to my opinion a great step forward, to us modeler, to achieve a realistic cockpit. The Plastic had very often very inaccurate areas. Especially the throttle was delicate matter, or the switchboards at the rear. The resin featured cockpits also had some times the same problem. I hate most, to grind a resin cockpit down heavily with the risk to damage details. Like rails at the F-15. This is to my opinion a nonsense! The photo etched parts create a 2 dimensional object, which is far from real. The Löök from Eduard shows just the front panel, not the side panels. The overall view is inconsistent. Yahu is here more flexible. And this new solution may bring us one step forward.

Happy modeling

• Like 1

As an aside for anyone ordering overseas post is still problematical. Te vast majority of airmail used to move in the hold of commercial flights of which there are not many these days (but getting better)

Certainly in Europe a lot more international is travelling by truck at the moment which has consequences for delivery times, overseas not so good. Japan and Taiwan sellers still have lists of countries they cant ship to. 

Oh yes, Julian

In continental Europe, we have the advantage that mail service from Russia and all eastern European countries works quite well, despite CV19.

From China, the shipment via vessel is working also quite well. The vessel is 3 weeks afloat.

The US is a weak point, and I assume the NAT is not quite active yet and not in near future. And some other countries too.

Happy modelling

Now I got my first sets from a retailer in Poland.

First great impression: The flst screens are perfect in off modus. Contrary the F-16 from Eduard in on modus!

The surface of the screens and all detail looks very realistic!

That is it!

Happy modelling

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was so impressed by the Mig 29 SMT 9-19 set that I ordered it and it arrived today, about two weeks later. It is extremely good, but I have a major concern about the fact that the decals are not actually adhesive? These are way too fine to be using glue...?? Another option would be to cut round them and use white pva to glue them in place like Eduard components. I've ordered the kit and this is going to be interesting!!

WE have to keep on trying! It is worth to make this item handsome to use for each modeller.

So, it is a perfect product, the processing technique we may learn.

By sharing our experiences, we will gain the resulkt more quickly.

I think, the producer is in this matter honest, very often I found instructions, which

were not even worth the paper they are printed on. This shop has the whole range!

Here you can get it

Happy modelling

Hi Dov 

Sorry for my question as I did not see no questions about the dimensions of the 3D Decals from Quinta Studio.

So are the 3D Decals sized to simple drop fit in the plastic Kit cockpit  or are they sized to correct scaled dimensions

of the real cockpit ? 

Thanks, hope hear soon from Your productions.

Yours

SouthViper