Jump to content

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Please Ben, I asked myself numerous times about it ???

IMG_20200909_144310

What is the meaning of the numbers and letters chalked on almost every doors in Germany ??

These are signed by the Sternsinger  on Heilige drei Könige (06.01.)

__tn4__ecics_740_1072_1400_560.jpg

In Deutschland und der Schweiz wird von den veranstaltenden Organisationen für das gegenwärtige Jahr die Schreibweise „20*C+M+B+20“ empfohlen. Diese Schreibweise hat laut Kindermissionswerk folgende Bedeutung: ein Stern für den Stern von Betlehem und die drei Kreuze für den dreifaltigen Gott. In Österreich und Südtirol findet vor allem die Schreibweise „20-C+M+B-20“ mit einem weiteren Kreuz über dem Buchstaben M Anwendung. Zudem existieren regional verschiedene andere traditionelle Schreibweisen, bei denen nur zwei Kreuze („20*C+M+B*20“, „20 C+M+B 20“, „20+CMB+20“) oder vier Kreuze („20+C+M+B+20“) geschrieben werden.

Die Bedeutung der Buchstaben C, M und B wird spätestens seit den 1950er Jahren als Abkürzung der lateinischen Worte „Christus mansionem benedicat“ (= „Christus segne dieses Haus“) gedeutet. Die Inschrift soll den Segen Gottes auf das Haus und seine Bewohner herabrufen und sie vor Unglück schützen. Frühere Quellen dieser Deutung fehlen. In älteren volkskundlichen Abhandlungen herrscht die Deutung der Buchstaben als Initialen der drei Könige Caspar, Melchior und Balthasar vor. Dies wird auch dadurch erhärtet, dass in manchen Regionen die Schreibweise „K+M+B“ üblich ist.[7] Bei Verwendung dieser Schreibweise wird das „K“ als Abkürzung für das griechische Wort für „Herr“ (κύριος, „Kyrios“) interpretiert („Kyrios mansionem benedicat“).

(Wikipedia)

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sternsinger

CC I hope you understand that in german.  Otherwise I'll have to translate. Or maybe your wife.

Cheers Benedikt

P.S: Monschau is great and has a very famous christmas market and of course it's famous for its mustard.

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Ben !!

Great from you !! 

I learned one more thing !!

CC

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

learned one more thing !!

Me too as the first "20" obviously stands for the 20 century, where they started to develop or maybe recover that regional customs here again. The last one was clear for the actual year and CBM for me were everytime the initials of the holy three kings, although they always talked about of "Christ/Lord bless this house", when they visited us on the 6th of Jan.. Ok, my latin lacks for 30 years now and will be, further, I think. Who knows. Cheers

Edited by bbudde
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mail call !!

One of my order landed safely at CC castle...

IMG_20200918_134206

Hey @tonyot, your book look great !! And what an impressive wotk.

I'll take a pleasure to read it !! Whatever, I already enjoyed the pics and profiles !!

More to come soon !!

CC

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 12:52 PM, corsaircorp said:

Mail call !!

One of my order landed safely at CC castle...

IMG_20200918_134206

Hey @tonyot, your book look great !! And what an impressive wotk.

I'll take a pleasure to read it !! Whatever, I already enjoyed the pics and profiles !!

More to come soon !!

CC

Cheers CC,..... hope you enjoy it! Unfortunately the publisher pulled the last chapter at the last minute due to a page cut,...... so it ends at a really stupid time! It was originally meant to be one book,...... then they said two books,..... so I had the break jut as the Germans returned to Sicily,....... then they cut the last chapter,..... and then never went ahead with volume two! 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Cheers CC,..... hope you enjoy it! Unfortunately the publisher pulled the last chapter at the last minute due to a page cut,...... so it ends at a really stupid time! It was originally meant to be one book,...... then they said two books,..... so I had the break jut as the Germans returned to Sicily,....... then they cut the last chapter,..... and then never went ahead with volume two! 

Publishers are weird sometimes...

They wanted to make money whithout respect of the work done...

We also got some issues with my good lady's book...

Whatever, I start reading it and I enjoy it !!

Well done Man !!

Sincerely.

CC

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

 

Publishers are weird sometimes...

They wanted to make money whithout respect of the work done...

We also got some issues with my good lady's book...

Whatever, I start reading it and I enjoy it !!

Well done Man !!

Sincerely.

CC

Cheers for understanding mate,....... the experience put me off writing ever again!! 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no please !!

I've had some experiences when I wrote for magazines

My photos were used carelessly or credited to domeone else... But..

I still have the will to write, as soon as I retire since I need 36 hours in one day...

Keep it up, you did fine !!

CC

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tornado 01 said:

Tonyot

 

I assume the book is one of the last from D&V??

Yes I believe so,....... and I also believe that the Malta book has sold well too, however I have head nothing from the publisher since the book was launched. 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Chris, you get through the whole Cranberries thread !!

Congrats !! you win an extra blue Chimay !! :cheers:

CC still at work on the road !!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, corsaircorp said:

Hey Chris, you get through the whole Cranberries thread !!

Congrats !! you win an extra blue Chimay !! :cheers:

CC still at work on the road !!

 

Crikey you are a serial starter, yes I made it through do you deliver???  On a late shift eh, used to hate lates as could not get anything done.  Great start on the Cranberries,  looking very much forward to the FRADU machine.

Chris

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Crikey you are a serial starter,

Yep, and you are always in trouble to coordinate on which topic you (have) posted so far. Especially after two beers or so :whistle:.

Cheers and greetings to CC

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bbudde said:

Yep, and you are always in trouble to coordinate on which topic you (have) posted so far. Especially after two beers or so :whistle:.

Cheers and greetings to CC

Oh crikey,  mind you I am always in trouble for something at home or work so why not here too!!!

Chris 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Dears,

Now I have dimension for my bang seats

IMG_20200927_225252

And another pic

English_Electric_Canberra_TT.18_WJ574_Cockpit_Rear_TICO_16March2014_(14685529883)

I also started to detail the wheel wells.

But Martian tower's party took a bit of my time...

And what happen at Martian Tower, stay at Martian tower...

Well.... Almost...

CC

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

And what happen at Martian Tower, stay at Martian tower...

Llama for Mr CC. Where do you want me to put it?

 

Nice modelling btw.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dears,

Now I have dimension for my bang seats

 

And what happen at Martian Tower, stay at Martian tower...

Well.... Almost...

CC

Lovely looking seat CC. My lips are sealed - permanently, with CA!

 

Cheers,

 

Roger

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2020 at 7:05 PM, Tornado 01 said:

tonyot 

 

As far as I can see D&V went bust in about 2014....  Not that I had any further word from them after 2010 and the &&&&about over my book

Cannot say too much on an open forum mate,...... but I`m not surprised. I heard nothing from them after the launch of this book at Telford,...... leaving me with a half written series about RAF Germany for which I had spent a fortune in photos!  Ah well! They are still selling my book on a website apparently? 

  • Sad 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonyot said:

Cannot say too much on an open forum mate,...... but I`m not surprised. I heard nothing from them after the launch of this book at Telford,...... leaving me with a half written series about RAF Germany for which I had spent a fortune in photos!  Ah well! They are still selling my book on a website apparently? 

I bought it at Mastercasters, When my missus finished her book, we elected to go on self edition. Around 2500 €...

Soo we've had a good contact with a french printer, he did a great job and we received something like 500 books.

I start selling it but she's been contacted by an editor, who promised interviews and invitations at book's fair and lot of promotions for the book.

We once again paid around 2600 €.

The first book has to be discarded and we risked huge penalties if we caeey on the sales...

Woman are woman, Wifey signed with the guy...

Make a vid that has been presented on the editor's website....

And that's all...

The book was on sale on Am...

We received 250 books at home and she received a tiny check every year...

Or how to waste time and bucks on false promises...

Did you sign up a contract ??

CC

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DonH said:

Llama for Mr CC. Where do you want me to put it?

 

Nice modelling btw.

Thanks a lot Don !!

I'll bring up the llama at @general melchett's head quarter on the spot...

Hoping that Darling will receive it....

 

8 hours ago, Dunny said:

Lovely looking seat CC. My lips are sealed - permanently, with CA!

 

Cheers,

 

Roger

Thanks Roger,

Oh no !! We still need Crocodile Dunny !!!

CC

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Thanks a lot Don !!

I'll bring up the llama at @general melchett's head quarter on the spot...

Hoping that Darling will receive it....

 

Thanks Roger,

Oh no !! We still need Crocodile Dunny !!!

CC

Well seeing as it's your birthday Alain - Hippacrocapigogram heading your way! Felicitations!

 

Cheers,

 

Roger

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...