Mitsubishi Dinah ++Finished++

4 hours ago, Ventora3300 said:

These lonely transfers need your build, John, in the First Class Post.

M2jiWow.jpg

That's very generous, thank you. I think I might have one of these at the bottom of the decal pile but I haven't checked yet. Fingers crossed!

John

• Like 2

Ah-Ha!

Dinah15

Going to need a few days taped to the kitchen window, I think. 

Meanwhile, the main airframe has had a coat of the grey-green I mixed up for a Zero build a while ago:

Dinah16

The final coat will get a bit of brown added to get the candy colour effect.

John

• Like 5

I put some Humbrol 62 Leather into my Dimly Shining Ash Green to give it a slight amber finish and put a coat on the model:

Dinah17

I used 40 Gloss Light Grey as the base for my original mix so it gives a nice smooth finish to the paint. The wing leading edge identification markings are Humbrol 46 - sorry Steve 😃

Once everything has dried off I'll touch up and neaten the finish, then do the cockpit frames.

John

• Like 4

It's been a tremendously busy week of meetings, risk assessments, PPE requirements and even more meetings so we can open our schools for full pupil return on Monday. My final videoconference of the week finished just after 5 this afternoon and ma heid's mince, as we say around here.

Finally I have a chance to get back to Dinah, which I should get finished for the deadline provided I don't end up asleep face down in a pot of Humbrol enamel 😱

One thing I'm badly remiss in is thanking Ventora3300 for very kindly sending me this little package:

Dinah18

It's less yellowed than my old sheet so it looks like the iconic leaping Airfix tiger could be back on the cards.

John

• Like 3

Zen and the art of canopy framing:

Dinah19

It would have been nice if the Japanese had perfected the art of moulding Perspex a bit sooner 🙄

Anyway, one the framing is finished I'll touch up the paintwork and get the decals on. Nearly there.

John

• Like 3

The finished article:

Dinah21

Many thanks once again to Ventora3300 for the clear sprue and the decals.

In summary

Airfix 1965 mould, late 1970s boxing.

Interior  - Blue grey 79

Props - 98 Chocolate

Exhausts - 171 Antique Bronze

Airframe mix based on Nick Millman's writings - Humbrol 40 Pale Grey with 86 Light Olive and 62 Leather

Decals - Original sheet Hinomaru and kit sheet fuselage band and tale marking. Applied with Humbrol Decal Fix, old square bottle version.

John

• Like 5