Etrich Taube, five-country flight, 1913 - Airframe 1/72nd vacuformed

6 minutes ago, Marklo said:

I have tried three types and even opened a tube of the stuff I got off eBay which normally sets so fast my cocktail stick gets stuck, but no joy, it’s the horrible winters wet weather. 

Btw my rigging did eventually stick

Hi Mark

You have already threads opened for your multiple and interesting builds, wouldn't it be better to discuss them and their details there?

And do I have to say it again? no military stuff, please.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Moa said:

ou have already threads opened for your multiple and interesting builds, wouldn't it be better to discuss them and their details there?

And do I have to say it again? no military stuff, please.

Oops, wrists duly slapped and Mark duly chastened.

in my defence I am easily confused, otherwise I’d have never posted the image of an albatross in your thread., duly removed. Apologies.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

Smashing work. It’s very odd (to me) to see such elaborate paintwork on such an early machine. The huge text underneath reminds me of seeing the Etihad and Emirates A380s on approach to Heathrow last summer when I was walking back home from the office.

And I’m looking forward to the rigging. That makes one of us, at least! :)

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

It’s very odd (to me) to see such elaborate paintwork on such an early machine. 

Yeap, marketing gimmicks are as older as "Chase Your Own Mammoth" tours: "-We would have made this as a photo-safari tour if we would have invented cameras and established the science of ecology, but for now spears will have to do. But no worries, the idiots of 10,000 years from now will still be killing things beyond sense and for sport, and each other, gladly".

Remember this "five-country flight" was a sort of publicity stunt, hence the prominent display of the manufacturer's name.

Cheers

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, FPDPenguin said:

I too am also patiently awaiting the rigging 😁

"Patiently" is a good adverb.

This may take a little while, as I pluck the courage to go on.

Meanwhile I am hammering a Ford Trimotor in another thread, to release tensions and come back here in a state of zen meditation (fro-zen?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Moa said:

Yeap, marketing gimmicks are as older as "Chase Your Own Mammoth" tours: "-We would have made this as a photo-safari tour if we would have invented cameras and established the science of ecology, but for now spears will have to do. But no worries, the idiots of 10,000 years from now will still be killing things beyond sense and for sport, and each other, gladly".

Remember this "five-country flight" was a sort of publicity stunt, hence the prominent display of the manufacturer's name.

Cheers

And the first U.S. coast-to-coast flight by Cal Rodgers in the Vin Fiz Flyer (1911) advertised a grape soda.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

And the first U.S. coast-to-coast flight by Cal Rodgers in the Vin Fiz Flyer (1911) advertised a grape soda.

That's right! He demolished the plane many times, and at the time of arrival iirc only something like a strut and a wheel (for the sake of argument) were the only parts remaining of the original plane.

The Taube was much more fortunate! the only thing to regret was a bad case of sore buttocks and flying insects indigestion!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Courageous said:

The decals are nice and big and settled well. Looking forward to your rigging effort.

Stuart

Same here! :whip::poke:

Patient of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/26/2020 at 2:02 PM, Courageous said:

The decals are nice and big and settled well. Looking forward to your rigging effort.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart.

Given the amount of rigging, I had to order a special spool, long enough to circle the Earth at its equator.

Also extra jars of "Nerv-Calm".

Cheers

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, Martian said:

Same here! :whip::poke:

Patient of Mars 👽

Yeah, easy when you are multi-tentacled, AND EACH ONE HAS A BRAIN*, but we poor Earth-men have to do with just two hands.

*https://www.treehugger.com/for-octopus-each-arm-has-mind-nose-its-own-4863851

*https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-how-octopus-arms-make-decisions-without-input-from-the-brain

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

I didn't realise it came with its own fence under the wings - an interesting structural decision, almost like a biplane without the lower wing. It is looking mightily impressive!

Regards,

Adrian

Actually, somebody just forgot to remove the scaffold used to mount the wings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Jars, jars! Did you miss the meditation class when in the monastery?

Stuart

Yes, I thought monks were trained in calmness. Or maybe you're not getting enough ketchup lately. It has natural mellowing agents, according to the Ketchup Advisory Board.

• Haha 3