Etrich Taube, five-country flight, 1913 - Airframe 1/72nd vacuformed

On 16/08/2020 at 21:28, Moa said:

Simbad riding the Roc (although Simbad tied himself with his turban to the Roc's leg)

Better: Gandalf and companions riding the eagles.

Dreadfully underpowered things Rocs, an out of condition Moa, running along flapping his arms could probably fly faster. What? You meant the bird and not the aeroplane? Sorry, as you were.

Muddled (Again) of Mars 👽

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Jonners said:

Fantastic work. Delicate and dainty. It will look superb once rigged (okay, it already looks superb...). I think it's well on its way to being my new 'Favourite Moa Creation'!

Jon

Thanks, Jon

Still a stretch to go (no pun intended 😁)

I am trying to devise a strategy as to where use the rigid ceramic fiber or the stretchy EZ line. I think I have a plan.

Cheers

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Moa said:

I am waiting to see your plan for the rigging, so I can make a complete hash of mine 😂😂

Me too or is that three. Assuming I get as far as the rigging.

On a related note I’m trying to track down Taube: Dove of War which should be (somewhere) in my attic otherwise €20 off abebooks.

It’s a wonderful book and shows pretty much every Taube built including the wired biplane and limousine Taube s.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Me too or is that three. Assuming I get as far as the rigging.

On a related note I’m trying to track down Taube: Dove of War which should be (somewhere) in my attic otherwise €20 off abebooks.

It’s a wonderful book and shows pretty much every Taube built including the wired biplane and limousine Taube s.

That would be an interesting little read. 

I really should get some painting done on mine. And at least get round to getting to a similar level of assembly as @Moa Hopefully tomorrow. 🤞

I had no idea there were wild fires at the moment. Mind you I've spent most of the day at an arboretum with no phone signal. 

Bliss 

🐧 

Edited by FPDPenguin
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Moa said:

Remember? no war stuff please.

Of course I will respect your sensibilities.

Now that you mention it. Although the Taube was the first bomber the vast majority were civil aircraft and afair everything in the book was civil, which in hindsight makes the title a bit erroneous.

Weather here is terrible, cold and rainy, still  since no gardening can be done a good excuse for some bench time, but my superglue isn’t sticking atm.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

That's Mother Nature's way of telling you to put it in the bin and buy another one! 

Regards,

Adrian

This is true Mark, the stuff does seem to have a shelf life once it is opened. It will stick eventually but you will probably end up losing the will to live. Get some more in.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Martian said:
10 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

This is true Mark, the stuff does seem to have a shelf life once it is opened. It will stick eventually but you will probably end up losing the will to live

I have tried three types and even opened a tube of the stuff I got off eBay which normally sets so fast my cocktail stick gets stuck, but no joy, it’s the horrible winters wet weather. 

Btw my rigging did eventually stick

Edited by Marklo