Mil hind minihobbymodels 1/48

13 hours ago, Col. said:

Don't know, or care, about anyone else but I'm delighted to see a few 'Hind' in this GB :thumbsup:

It's one of my favourites and if time was unlimited I'd love to do one, especially as it's the only helicopter I've ever been in the cockpit of. A very nice Czech airman showed a few kids round the front cockpit of the one in the static display at RIAT a few years back so I grabbed the chance to sit on the sill and squeeze as far in as I could while he was showing them round all the dials and switches :)

I also remember from the same day that a section of the rounded bottom of the fuselage in front of the main cabin is hollow and can be cranked down. The crew were using it as a beer fridge as the day was scorching hot. Oddly, Google doesn't have a single image to support that :( 

Andy

• Like 5

50146789173_72147b447a_c.jpg

50147333211_c69bd12995_c.jpg

<AIRLINERS.NET pic removed.  Please post links to ORIGINAL photo on their site, do not post re-hosts or direct links>

Decisions decisions having looked through the options and the xenomorph camo being beyond me I’m down to these three 

, not sure on the digital one, bit just can’t decide between one and three.

Edited by Mike
AIRLINERS.NET pic removed. Please post links to ORIGINAL photo on their site, do not post re-hosts or direct links
  • Like 5

I’m leaning towards the third one. The Kit allows D or P models so I and 3 should be oob. I think although the digital is interesting, a) it may do my head in and b) it looks like a Lego helicopter. 

Actually I think options two may be a super hind which would mean quite a few upgrades/changes.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 1:45 PM, Foxbat said:

It's one of my favourites and if time was unlimited I'd love to do one, especially as it's the only helicopter I've ever been in the cockpit of. A very nice Czech airman showed a few kids round the front cockpit of the one in the static display at RIAT a few years back so I grabbed the chance to sit on the sill and squeeze as far in as I could while he was showing them round all the dials and switches :)

I also remember from the same day that a section of the rounded bottom of the fuselage in front of the main cabin is hollow and can be cranked down. The crew were using it as a beer fridge as the day was scorching hot. Oddly, Google doesn't have a single image to support that :( 

Andy

Hi, Andy. 

I'm guessing that the section of the fuselage you refer to in your last paragraph was the ammunition-storage bay (on the right-hand side in the direction of travel, IIRC). I seem to remember seeing a YouTube video of someone using a crank-handle to close this bay (I'm guessing that once it's full of shells, it gets too heavy to be simply pushed back into place). 

The Hind has always been my favourite attack-helicopter - ugly as sin, but fascinating to look at..... Good luck with your build. 

Chris. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

Hi, Andy. 

I'm guessing that the section of the fuselage you refer to in your last paragraph was the ammunition-storage bay (on the right-hand side in the direction of travel, IIRC). I seem to remember seeing a YouTube video of someone using a crank-handle to close this bay (I'm guessing that once it's full of shells, it gets too heavy to be simply pushed back into place). 

The Hind has always been my favourite attack-helicopter - ugly as sin, but fascinating to look at..... Good luck with your build. 

Chris. 

That would do it, thank you for clearing that one up - it was on the starboard side and they did use a crank handle to open it. The Hind in question was if I remember right the unarmed training airframe (Mi-24DU?) that came over with the Czech display team so it wouldn't have had much call to carry ammunition :) 

Andy

Edited by Foxbat

On 22/07/2020 at 21:47, Silenoz said:

Interesting, have two of these, but with the CMK-modifications (Revell) which will hopefully fit when I ever get around to start these...

Plenty of room in this GB for another one, whats stopping you ? 😁

cheers Pat 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Marklo said:

A little bit of work in the office. I have of course mislaid the instructions so will be making it up as I go along from here literally :) 

A good start, and a bit like most of us anyway.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

50326319973_14237ce37b_c.jpg

Finished sending the fuselage. The machine I’ll be modelling doesn't have the chin turret so this was plugged in filled and sanded flush.

50326983086_0999ce1b42_c.jpg

The wings. Fit was terrible with lots of flash, almost as if they came from a different kit. Still eventually beaten into submission. I’m hoping to be ready for paint by the weekend.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4