18 hours ago, 3DStewart said:

I think they should add a cut away Z-80 micropressor to their Museum Series and Margaret Thatcher to their famous women from history series, though Florence Nightingale would probably be safer. Maybe Elon Musk's spacecraft? There was a time when Airfix was on trend and did things like this.

Thank goodness they're not "on trend"  otherwise we could see James Bond's Aston Martin DB5 being dropped in favour of Greta's Horse and Cart !

Will that "Elon Musk spacecraft" come with orbiting Tesla roadster ?

I also reckon a 1:144 Eagle Transporter at sub-£20 price point would sell like hot cakes :)

Edited by IanHx

At the moment, I'm building Revell's lovely little 1/72nd S.E.5a, which dates from 1964.

I was surprised to realise that Airfix have never in their history kitted the S.E.5a in any scale; some consider it to have been the finest fighter of WWI. Yes, I know the adage that "WWI kits don't sell" - which makes me wonder why the B.E.2c and Fokker E.III are in the range - but the S.E. was the Hurricane/Spitfire of WWI. As a pretty small aircraft, it would be ideal in 1/24th.

• Like 1
On 8/9/2020 at 8:52 PM, KevinK said:

I was surprised to realise that Airfix have never in their history kitted the S.E.5a in any scale; some consider it to have been the finest fighter of WWI. Yes, I know the adage that "WWI kits don't sell" - which makes me wonder why the B.E.2c and Fokker E.III are in the range - but the S.E. was the Hurricane/Spitfire of WWI. As a pretty small aircraft, it would be ideal in 1/24th.

I think the fact that ONLY the Be2 and Fokker are in the range is testament to that adage - released for the 100th Anniversary of WW1 starting, i suspect if they'd been big sellers we would have seen camels and SE5a later.

To be fair, the question was really why Airfix had never produced an SE.5/5A.  I think it is because once the hobby had settled down, it was clear that the WW1 subjects were not best-sellers, so Airfix avoided subjects that were already readily available - the Fokker D.VII being the other outstanding omission.   Airfix continued for a while producing more niche subjects such as the Roland, Halberstadt and Pup.

The Camel, Albatros and Fokker Triplane are the outstanding popular subjects where competition could be sustained.  The SE.5 just isn't in the same category, however worthy historically.

1/24th scale TSR2 with full in service decal sheet and weapons load.

In 2021 they are also going to include ground crew and auxiliary vehicles.

Graham

• Like 1
17 hours ago, GrahamS said:

1/24th scale TSR2 with full in service decal sheet and weapons load.

In 2021 they are also going to include ground crew and auxiliary vehicles.

Graham

With full working lights, engine sound and working controls and a Roly Beaumont figure.

If you're going to dream big..............  👌

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
16 hours ago, noelh said:

With full working lights, engine sound and working controls and a Roly Beaumont figure.

If you're going to dream big..............  👌

And a working Yellow Sun?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A Venom FB1/4 would make a nice little kit to go with the Swift (if it said often enough it may happen!). 

New tool Hampden to complete the set of early WW2 RAF bombers

Both in 1/72nd scale. 

• Like 3

Harvard

Lightning F. 1/3

Canberra B. 2/6

Venom FB. 4

All in 1/72nd

Nuff said

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They should do a Spitfire and a 109

🤡

Edited by NAVY870
  • Haha 2
19 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

Grumman Widgeon

Which would include the option for Mansdorf Gannet conversion engines.

Smiles everyone...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 352nd Fighter Group said:

I was going to wait and see if Airfix would release a sea fury in 1/72 scale for 2021 but I found this very very nice Resin one from Aki products 

That Aki Sea Fury (along with their Firebrand) is a stunning kit. 

Edge

• Like 1

I do not expect to see much in the way of new moulds for next year. Looking through the 'new for 2020' section on the Airfix website, a heck of a lot of this year's new releases have yet to hit the shops, and none of the new moulds have been released yet. With COVID fouling everything up I think that Airfix, along with many of their competitors, will be scaling back on next year's programme to allow themselves to catch up. Oh, there will be some new moulds coming out for sure, but not many.

On 7/16/2020 at 7:52 PM, Acinonyx Jubatus said:

To be honest I couldnt care what Airfix may or may not do in the future

I have have reached breaking point over the number of Airfix short shots such as Sea fury Vertical stabilisers, beaufighter air intakes, meteor horizontal stabilizers, and the final straw 1/72 P51 Mustang main gear legs bent into near u-bend shapes in two seperate kits

Until Airfix can up the quality of their kits I wont be wasting any more of my hard earned money on them, sadly

And that relates to Airfix 2021 release how....?

• Haha 1

Would be happy with a new F-104.

Nothing else, that would do fine.

Thank you Airfix

1 hour ago, PLC1966 said:

Would be happy with a new F-104.

A new F-104... in 1/48 scale perhaps?  mmm novel.:idea:  Sorry couldn't resist... :wink: switching irony mode back to "Safe".:pilot:

Edited by RichG
  • Like 1

It could be an F100 in 2021, an F101, in 2022, an F102 in 2023...…………… you get the idea.

• Like 1

There’s a queue!! I need my Balliol in 1/72 AND 1/48 first. I’ll get one eventually as Airfix are steadily going through the trainers

Aren’t they?

Trevor