Airfix 2021...

TEXANTOMCAT

Larger retailers will have already prepared updates for their websites and may not be able to postpone the publication of this information at such short notice if so they may release details ahead of Airfix.

Some of the comments on airfix's social media pages (regarding the delayed announcement) have been pretty disappointing and there is some nasty stuff being said :(

It is only a hobby after all... 

Albeit, I don't think I've ever been as excited about Airfix releases as I have been the past few years!

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 9:57 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

50781260337_e712e9ffbd_c.jpg

It would appear that this up and coming new video blog highlighting their 2021 announcements is going to run for 8 minutes and 30 seconds. Perhaps Airfix’s new range is larger than we think? 
Cheers.. (a wishful thinking) Dave 

9 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

It would appear that this up and coming new video blog highlighting their 2021 announcements is going to run for 8 minutes and 30 seconds. Perhaps Airfix’s new range is larger than we think? 

It’s called ‘Flightdeck’ because this year’s major announcement is for a 1/350 HMS Queen Elizabeth carrier. Or so I heard...

• Like 3

Just for info. 

The Airfix web site is back to "normal".

Dick

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rich2010 said:

It’s called ‘Flightdeck’ because this year’s major announcement is for a 1/350 HMS Queen Elizabeth carrier. Or so I heard...

And like HMS QE there aren't many aircraft on it.

Oh, my coat and hat. Thank you.

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1

If anybody from Airfix or Hornby reads this, they should get a proper computer consultant, such as ATOS, to fix the problem for once and for all.

• Haha 4

I would imagine the problems stem from Hornby launching the new ranges of all of their brands so close to each other has been the cause of the server problems and tiring out their poor over-worked hamster. Otherwise why would a 24-hour delay make any difference? On the other hand, it may be that their server cannot cope with big news of 1/350 Queen Elizabeth Class carriers.

Dave

3 hours ago, wellsprop said:

Some of the comments on airfix's social media pages (regarding the delayed announcement) have been pretty disappointing and their is some nasty stuff being said :(

It is only a hobby after all... 

Albeit, I don't think I've ever been as excited about Airfix releases as I have been the past few years!

I don't condone the nasty comments but there is such a thing as managing expectations. Posting it on Twitter / Facebook / Instagram would have caused the information to go viral very quickly . 

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Having watched the drawn out waffle that was the Hornby new release video I wouldn't get to excited.

• Like 1

It is my partner Aileen's birthday tomorrow. I now have to tell her that this year, on the 7th January her birthday is no longer the most important event of the day......

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

16 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Although I was looking forward to coming home from work and playing the ‘screen refresh’ game tonight, is it really a problem to wait just one more day in this harsh and cruel Covid era? The chances of any of these new tooled kits hitting the LHS shelves this year is highly unlikely, although I do agree - a quick list of 2021 kit announcements should be made on their social media pages until these website gremlins get sorted. 

Cheers and lets hope for three ‘unique subjects’ that have never been kitted before.. Dave 

It just seems pointless because the website will just crash again. Like you said, should have a list put on social media. Airfix seem to be the only brand that makes such a big deal of its announcements all at once.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Denford said:

a proper computer consultant, such as ATOS

tenor.gif

Having had in-depth experience over multiple (10+) years and in three different customer relations with them, I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemies.

---

Hornby could do with a small AWS or Azure burst capacity & an entry-level Cloudflare subscription. 

Pay as you go, enough for dealing with peak visitors, scales webservers very quickly and can be done for less than 2K all in if you know what you're doing.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Having stepped on my falcon replacement canopy last night intended to replace the cracked (by me) airfix one and having created panel lines deeper than the San Andreas fault during pathetic first attempt at re-scribing I can confirm 1000% the release of a new 1/72 scale hampden by airfix.  It’s official. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, BristolBlue said:

Having stepped on my falcon replacement canopy last night intended to replace the cracked (by me) airfix one and having created panel lines deeper than the San Andreas fault during pathetic first attempt at re-scribing I can confirm 1000% the release of a new 1/72 scale hampden by airfix.  It’s official. 

Your sacrifice is duly noted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Having announced a F-35B as a quick build last year (due Spring 2021) I would guess that the Flight Deck theme could include a F-35B kit in either 48 or 72 scale 

1 hour ago, davecov said:

It is my partner Aileen's birthday tomorrow. I now have to tell her that this year, on the 7th January her birthday is no longer the most important event of the day......

Dave

"Dead man, dead man walking!"

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, trickydicky210 said:

Having announced a F-35B as a quick build last year (due Spring 2021) I would guess that the Flight Deck theme could include a F-35B kit in either 48 or 72 scale 

I would buy an F35B in 1/72. Probably not in 1/48. There's already a kit though so they'd have to compete with that

6 hours ago, davecov said:

Dave

Brave........

Trevor

• Haha 1

On 05/01/2021 at 10:46, AWFK10 said:

I get the impression Airfix have concluded they're unlikely to be commercially viable.

I was told that when I asked about a re-issue for the 200th Anniversary of Waterloo. They see figures as a thing of the past 😢

1 minute ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Final marker put in the sand for a Spit TR.9- Mark you 🙂

TT

Think of how much fun you could have with this one.  Working at Airfix knowing a tour was coming through the office.... you could build all sorts of one-off kits just to get all the rumours going.  Put an all black Special Hobby Barracuda on a shelf, a Frog Proctor, parts of a Matchbox Walrus all in 1/72, leave Sabre wings on a desk.....

PM

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Greg B locked this topic