Century Series Fighters

It has taken me more than a few years, but with the completion of the Meng F-102 Delta Dagger, I have managed to finish all six jets of the century series. All models are in 1/72 scale. 

The kits are: 

Italeri F-100D Super Sabre
Hasegawa RF-101C Voodoo
Meng F-102 Delta Dagger
Hasegawa F-104S/F-104G Starfighter
Trumpeter F-105D Thunderchief 
Hasegawa F-106 Delta Dart    

Mark 

1-IMG_1972

1-IMG_1969

1-IMG_2235

1-IMG_2212

3-IMG_2187

3-IMG_2185

3-IMG_2184

2-IMG_2203

2-IMG_2054

4-IMG_2195

4-IMG_2192

5-IMG_2213

5-IMG_1950

6-IMG_2221

6-IMG_2218

Family Portrait 

IMG_2100

• Like 56

Very nice thematic collection.  They show off the differences well.

Regards

Tim

• Thanks 1

Superb Century collection - they look fantastic.  The paintwork on the 102 is lovely, nice and glossy too.  Which paints/varnish did you use? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Skymonster said:

Nice collection - I think you need to do the F-107 to complete the set though! 😉

But how about 

XF-103, XF-108 and XF-109?

😉😁

B.R.

Serge

Beautiful Century Series collection. Love the Meng F-102. I've built the Hasegawa RF-101 several years ago and remember it as being a nice kit. Yours looks superb.  In truth, all of them look superb. What was the Meng F-102 and Trumpeter F-105 like to build? Oh, and the group photo is excellent!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Booty003 said:

Superb Century collection - they look fantastic.  The paintwork on the 102 is lovely, nice and glossy too.  Which paints/varnish did you use? 

The F-102s used by the Air National Guard were usually painted with gloss ADC grey.  I used Vallejo Model Air Pale Blue Grey (71046) followed by two coats of Aqua Gloss.    

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Skymonster said:

Nice collection - I think you need to do the F-107 to complete the set though! 😉

Trumpeter does make a nice 1/72 F-107. Maybe one day I'll make a what-if F-107 in an Air Force scheme.    

13 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Beautiful Century Series collection. Love the Meng F-102. I've built the Hasegawa RF-101 several years ago and remember it as being a nice kit. Yours looks superb.  In truth, all of them look superb. What was the Meng F-102 and Trumpeter F-105 like to build? Oh, and the group photo is excellent!

Both Trumpeter and Meng are nice kits. They go together well with no fit issues (no putty required). The instructions are clear and well-written. Both kits come with good quality decals. I still like some of the older Hasegawa kits. While they may not be as accurate or detailed, the low parts count and solid attachments for the smaller parts (landing gear, etc) make for an enjoyable build.   

Edited by Mark22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great collection!!! All of them are very nicely done!

I'm half way to this collection with exactly same Hun, Hase's F-104 in Aeronautica Militare markings, and Revell's CF-101B on the display. Trumpy Thud is in stash and close to its surface too. Should probably grab Meng's F-102 to do a Vietnam jet. 

P.S. One question - are these kept unarmed with only fuel tanks on purpose? Interesting decision as it helps to see clear line of these six.

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Thanks 1

I love thematic collections! They are superbly modelled, could easily go for  1/48.

The F-105 appears smaller next to the others than I remember.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dennis_C said:

Great collection!!! All of them are very nicely done!

I'm half way to this collection with exactly same Hun, Hase's F-104 in Aeronautica Militare markings, and Revell's CF-101B on the display. Trumpy Thud is in stash and close to its surface too. Should probably grab Meng's F-102 to do a Vietnam jet. 

P.S. One question - are these kept unarmed with only fuel tanks on purpose? Interesting decision as it helps to see clear line of these six.

Both the F-102 and F-106 have an internal weapons bay that opens up to fire the missiles (like the F-22 and F-35).