HP Hampden

On 7/15/2020 at 7:11 PM, Meatbox8 said:

Well, your efforts certainly paid off and it is in a different league to my my parlous effort.  I found the AZ instructions less than clear and fitted the engines wrong so that the intakes are on top centre of the cowlings, rather than off centre as they should be.  It was too late when I realised so I'm just going to have to live with it. 

The instructions do need a second look when you think you know what goes where

On 7/15/2020 at 10:45 PM, sammy da fish said:

Very nice Tim, I suppose that will be in our next virtual competeion!

simon

may be, may be..................

On 7/16/2020 at 6:08 AM, ForestFan said:

You certainly won the battle of Hampden! Very nice. I too would like to see Airfix re-do one of these, perhaps after a Fairey Battle....!

don't get me drooling at the idea

On 7/16/2020 at 3:11 PM, TimT said:

You make it look easy! Great to see; I'm working on one now - from Valom, but with AZ canopies. Obviously a long campaign ahead. 

take it slowly with lots of test fitting, re-read the instaructions and it hopefully it won't be as bad ad I seem to be making out

Tim

On 7/17/2020 at 9:15 AM, Eric Mc said:

New Airfix Hampden?

It's the BM law, you see. 

Shortly after someone on here makes a silk purse out of a sow's ear of a kit with lots of effort (or entirely scratched), a manufacturer will release a new-mould freshly designed and pretty accurate new kit.

:P

Job well done though. It's made me look at my Valom and decide to get replacement clear parts.

• Like 1