Going back in time a Revell lights action sound * finished* Huey us coast guard 1\32

I found this classic lurking at the back of the stash a few bits started but I have been given the ok to start.

I will be building straight out of the box with no alterations  just I would have done years ago.

First of all the bits and pieces time.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by peterairfix
  • Like 10

Let the build commence and I will be doing a page by page build so here's the first two pages at the moment no glueing witch make's it that little bit easier.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

Wow, I came across the same kit in a dark corner of the attic only yesterday. This could be the inspiration to finally open the box and let it see daylight after just 35 years of gathering dust!

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Dave

• Like 1

As aftermarket upgrades to a kit go this is different but all worthwhile if it stops the thing burning your house down in the future ;) 

This is a trip down memory lane. I will be following this with interest.

I remember building this many years ago. It was a Christmas present in the late 70’s.

I recall I built it unpainted, bar the Side door ‘windows’ which were painted black.

19 hours ago, peterairfix said:

I am going to renew the wiring as I found the stuff in the kit is a bit brittle and not user friendly.spacer.png

G'day Peter,

Maybe consider swapping out the lightbulbs with LED's? There is less chance these will burn out and they would take up less space while still keeping in the spirit of the build,

cheers,

Pappy

3 hours ago, Pappy said:

Maybe consider swapping out the lightbulbs with LED's?

I didn't think of that so I will have a rummage I my spares box.

After a fruitless search for my LEDs I gone back and had another go this time it's worked and I have the twin pilots painted .

The so called soft tips are not that soft as they distinguished before my eyes so I have just filled in  the ends so the rotors will be a little shorter.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3