McDonnell Douglas (Boeing) F/A-18D Hornet

Okie, Here is my Kuwaiti Hornet. I fell pretty hard for their particular scheme :D

It is built OOB, thus a closed canopy. The model felt as a copy of the Hasegawa Hornet with some strategically differences as not to be called a copy :P

Anyway, it went together nicely and without too much putty. The photography went so so and the pictures are pretty dark, lightly edited in PS Bridge....

hadn't got around to Lightroom yet in those days. :)

Here are the pics however :D

DSC_2300_zpsuphsqdh3.jpg DSC_2304_zpsagsmdhi3.jpg DSC_2308_zpsnhbjkrom.jpg DSC_2312_zpslxhzscv4.jpg DSC_2316_zpsd6ktvhhp.jpg DSC_2320_zps8bhxylq1.jpg DSC_2324_zpsrtkddsgj.jpg DSC_2328_zpsl4hglxk3.jpg DSC_2332_zpsic9v2rao.jpg DSC_2336_zpsc8ta6aka.jpg DSC_2339_zpsunla7qbf.jpg DSC_2343_zpsayfa0tnq.jpg DSC_2346_zpsw5ms4x8z.jpg DSC_2349_zpsbbyugekb.jpg DSC_2353_zpsoh7oitgj.jpg DSC_2357_zpsepmos6r0.jpg DSC_2362_zpscmvmsasa.jpg DSC_2366_zpspzdcffg1.jpg DSC_2369_zpsvvb0liqp.jpg DSC_2371_zpsxxssequ3.jpg DSC_2377_zpswnynp8bm.jpg DSC_2380_zpsj1lwavvs.jpg DSC_2384_zpsplxyhruc.jpg DSC_2388_zpsafkqqzcu.jpg DSC_2393_zpsce7gul87.jpg DSC_2395_zpsdvpxejkr.jpg DSC_2396_zpsaop27zcz.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by Aigore
  • Like 32

Now that's sharp. High quality build, beautiful paint work, very realistic weathering and great attention to little details. That's one to be very proud of.

She looks great, i like your paint and weathering work a lot. Well done mate

By the way, the company calls Mc Donnell Douglas, hehehehe the Hambuger restaurant dont make aircrafts😉

Fanrastic  model and scheme!

Yes from the early HobbyBoss era, when strong leaning on a akready available kit waa the way to go :(

(Mirage III, Hornet, Rafale...) nit bad kit but slightly inferior to their inspirations.....

which decals did you use?

colors look perfect :)

hope the recently ordered Super Hornets will get this scheme too.... 

5 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Now that's sharp. High quality build, beautiful paint work, very realistic weathering and great attention to little details. That's one to be very proud of.

Thanx SAT69 :D

Was lots of lumps and bumps to keep track of :D

1 hour ago, Harry Callahan said:

She looks great, i like your paint and weathering work a lot. Well done mate

By the way, the company calls Mc Donnell Douglas, hehehehe the Hambuger restaurant dont make aircrafts😉

Thanx Harry :D

yeah I know, that's what I wrote but the auto correct wanted burgers :P good thing you noticed, got it changed :)

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

Fanrastic  model and scheme!

Yes from the early HobbyBoss era, when strong leaning on a akready available kit waa the way to go :(

(Mirage III, Hornet, Rafale...) nit bad kit but slightly inferior to their inspirations.....

which decals did you use?

colors look perfect :)

hope the recently ordered Super Hornets will get this scheme too.... 

Thanx exdraken :D

I think I used the Orion set.

it's a lovely scheme and I hope both the super bugs and Typhoons both will have it.....then I might build a typhoon :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very nice, lovely aircraft and it looks great in that scheme. I almost went for it on my 1/32 version and seeing yours makes me want to get another one! 

Great modelling, well done. 

11 hours ago, F-32 said:

That's nice work, I've only ever seen one in the flesh at RIAT one year

6750871545_1ea3b789ef_o.jpgHornet#2 by tony_inkster, on Flickr

Thanx F-32 :D

I see a Viggen behind the bug :,

11 hours ago, Alan P said:

Very nice, lovely aircraft and it looks great in that scheme. I almost went for it on my 1/32 version and seeing yours makes me want to get another one! 

Great modelling, well done. 

Thanx Alan :D

it's a beautiful scheme....hope it will continue.

36 minutes ago, Vultures1 said:

That's very nice indeed!  I particularly like the scheme, which is very well-executed.  Great work

Thanx Vultures1 :D