MIG-25RBT Revell 1/48

Well, it's as done as it's getting. Paints mostly Revell with a few Tamiya thrown in, acrylics all the way.

Interior green was mixed from a selection of greens and blues until I ended up with something obnoxious enough. Main gray miced as per the instructions.

Made a bit of a mess of the intakes/fuselage which means there are a couple of gaps in there, and a bit sketchy around the wing fuselage junction on the underside.

Had to create one of the camera windows 'manually' with some hacking and micro krystal clear. If I'd realised earlier that it needed done I would have frilled it or cut it before I glued it all together.

Anyhoo, here she is...

50113291197_2004b97404_k.jpg

50112486278_eaf39faf2a_k.jpg

50112486283_7d10ad1069_k.jpg

50113290582_02ef5c041f_k.jpg

50113059861_f0aee09eaf_k.jpg

50113290847_38fabdda81_k.jpg

50113059936_7e73f7396a_k.jpg

50113060146_4b822737db_k.jpg

• Like 10

The issues you mentioned aside, your model looks quite good. Like the varied tones of the metal finish on the underside and the cockpit console details looks very nice to me.

37 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

The issues you mentioned aside, your model looks quite good. Like the varied tones of the metal finish on the underside and the cockpit console details looks very nice to me.

I have many shades of 'metal' and I think I used them all. I think it was Tamiya gunmetal, Revell steel, aluminium and silver.

I especially like the revell steel and aluminium. Brush painting the Tamiya acrylics can be a bit of a trial, it almost dries too quickly so you end up brushing 'soft' paint and getting brush marks and bad coverage.

The painting/decal guide was a bit tricky as some of the panel lines on the model didn't seem to match the ones on the diagram. That and there is a decal that goes underneath the ventral tank but I didn't find out about that until I'd firmly attached the tank. At least you can't actually see it anyway.

Also, I may have forgotten the counterweight in the nose, so it is in a constant state of taking off...

17 minutes ago, Luke Piewalker said:

Also, I may have forgotten the counterweight in the nose, so it is in a constant state of taking off...

I usually cut a piece of clear sprue stock to the proper length and square off the ends and then glue one end to the bottom of the fuselage to provide a tail support. It's hardly noticeable and lets your model sit properly on its landing gear. 

3 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

I usually cut a piece of clear sprue stock to the proper length and square off the ends and then glue one end to the bottom of the fuselage to provide a tail support. It's hardly noticeable and lets your model sit properly on its landing gear. 

I've gone with hanging this one up...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, exdraken said:

Very nice recce Foxbat!

Any photos outside or on a clear table to appreciate it better?

Thanks!

I'll see what I can manage in the next couple of days. Unfortunately just my phone camera, and the pictures always seem much better on the phone screen than when I see them on the computer...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...