Mi-24V Zvezda 1/48

So, 

my cockpit set arived directly from Russia yesterday! looks really exquisite!

1yLgOTU.jpg

OpCNHpz.jpg

point is  I definitely did not decide yet on an operator, scheme or conflict....  seems to be difficult!

the kit decals are from Begemot, so no issues here, but somehow I do not fancy a Russian scheme... they look so common, or arbitrary... just like generic :(  but I usually build something with some personality/ history in mind... (I have a Czech one already build/ modified even including the famous 2°30...)

I nearly decided on a Peruian scheme with sharkmouth, when I noticed that these are either Mi-24Ds or Ps.... :wall:

so.. not sure yet!

Probably I really need the new Begemot sheet or an old Zotz one... ... ... 

apart from that, Eduard just released a of of PE for interior, exterior, cargo bay........ very tempting!

stay tuned and best inspire me! ;)

/Werner

• Like 9

Hannants have a few sheets that would help - particularly the Forgetten Operations sheet for the Ethiopian/Eritrean war of 2000 and the Bush War Hinds sheet. I've had mt eye on both for the day my resolve weakens and I get my first copy of this kit :)

Andy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This should be very interesting to watch Werner.

I know what you mean about the Russian/Soviet schemes though, I think, as Andy says, that you should be doing something from a nasty little bush war. Having said that I'm not sure you can't do a Peruvian bird from this kit, I do love their shark mouth markings! Cuba has some unusually coloured ones too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Foxbat said:

Hannants have a few sheets that would help - particularly the Forgetten Operations sheet for the Ethiopian/Eritrean war of 2000 and the Bush War Hinds sheet. I've had mt eye on both for the day my resolve weakens and I get my first copy of this kit :)

Andy

Hi,

I even have that DP Caper sheet and those are really V models :)

definitely an option!

The Bush War Hinds 2 sheet is quite limited in respect to V models though.....

10 hours ago, modelling minion said:

I know what you mean about the Russian/Soviet schemes though, I think, as Andy says, that you should be doing something from a nasty little bush war. Having said that I'm not sure you can't do a Peruvian bird from this kit, I do love their shark mouth markings! Cuba has some unusually coloured ones too.

The early Peruian Hinds were D models (with respective old style missile launch rails and different nose mounted targeting pods) , the later model with the low viz [sic] shark mount P models

Cuba definitely has nice paint schemes, true!

• Like 1

Ooh, cool subject choice and an interesting set of aftermarket cockpit goodies, nice one Werner.

While the Mil-24 is one of the first types that come to mind when I think of battlefield attack 'copters and typically in that 'standard' scheme that's the last option on the markings sheet it'd be great to see your one in less common colours :) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sammy da fish said:

How long did you wait for your aftermarket instrument panel from Russia, as I have ordered a set about three weeks ago but nothing yet.

sammy

Around that... 3 weeks min ;)

To Austria that is

The kit took 6-8... but during full lockdown...

you could always do that crazy Giger inspired Czech Tiger Meet scheme!!! Someone online has done one...looks amazing.

am interested to see how this one builds up, won't mind one in 1/48th, though I have to build another 1/35th one first!!

I’ll take a look, Werner! 🙂 I have the same kit with some extras and waiting for the PE stuff to arrive (or even made); I’m not planning to build it soon, but it’ll be very interesting to see your progress on it. Have a nice build!

thanks everybody for your interest!

my final? extras have arrived yesterday, so I can actually start!

5h319iM.jpg

as you can see already, i will need to by another kit in order to use all the interior cockpit parts.... ;)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, exdraken said:

my final? extras have arrived yesterday, so I can actually start!

🤤 Any progress, Werner?! It would be interesting how Eduard etched sets will look on the original parts.

I'm  hooked werner, i just noticed on the rumourmonger page some pe panels and exterior details 0.4 mm thick,or thin , i may now be tempted to get one, my local  model shop has one in, well he did last week , I'm  looking forward to this, if it goes together like the 72nd scale kit it'll be a joy to  build 

• Like 3

Hi, yeah I saw these sheets, but I do not think they would arrive in time.... from Russia, no?

And a local shop? That was long time ago...

By the way, fit for niw looks excellent! Only dry-fitting for now, but still!

I still have to figure out what to paint and build when... ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

. from Russia, no?

Yes russia ,it seems so, I'm  headed to the local model shop on sunday  maybe the hind is still there , but ,although I've  not ordered from russia before, i have from Ukraine a few times,( lets not get into political borders)and delivery has been without problem.

30 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

very nearly came home with me though!

I reckon i should maybe give him a ring tomorrow then craig to put it under the counter👍

• Like 2

On 7/22/2020 at 9:54 PM, Nikolay Polyakov said:

🤤 Any progress, Werner?! It would be interesting how Eduard etched sets will look on the original parts.

9 hours ago, Hewy said:

Just picked mine up,you just have to break out all those extras now werner to make me buy that too, i won't neet too much tempting though 😋

your wish is my command ;)

actually I started yesterday night to cut and glue some PE, and some plastic ...  

fit seems exceptional, all very smooth... kind of the contrary to the Buccaneer currently sharing the bench also the PE is lightyears ahead in detail and quality

some photos. only unpainted parts for now, sorry ;)

EPYUKCQ.jpg

MhSRZc5.jpg

k1so13Z.jpg

interior parts for cockpit and cargo bay

6yoOSRS.jpg

eSegeGV.jpg

odQQiFS.jpg

a bit fiddle the rear bulkhead improvements

hope you get the message: buy it! :devil:

attention regarding the colored parts: I of course have way to much for one Hind.... the Quinta studio stuff looks rather nice, the Eduard PE is a bit more comprehensive, the löök IP is only the IP and seatbelts

I will compare them soon and decide what to use where... anyways, i have to match the turqoise color first ;)

cheers, 

Werner

• Like 8

Great stuff, Werner! 👍 The PE parts went really well, I think they’ll be amazing under the paint.

On 24/07/2020 at 08:50, Hewy said:

I'm  hooked werner, i just noticed on the rumourmonger page some pe panels and exterior details 0.4 mm thick,or thin , i may now be tempted to get one, my local  model shop has one in, well he did last week , I'm  looking forward to this, if it goes together like the 72nd scale kit it'll be a joy to  build 

Unfortunately, the kit looks like an upscale from the 72nd with a few extra parts added. Anyway, it’s a great and very precise kit.

• Thanks 1