1/48 Fieseler Fi 156C-3 trop, Tamiya+Eduard

8 hours ago, Baldy said:

Outstanding paint work Fuad - very very neat indeed. How was this done - freehand?

21 minutes ago, ForestFan said:

That camouflage is superb, what’s the secret?

There is no secret. I used an empty 0.7 mm marker. Filled it with paint Mr.Color 119 RLM79 Sand Gelb.

Edited by Fuad
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

To the attention of those who will build this variant. Tamiya used a completely wrong color scheme. In fact, this aircraft was painted according to the standard RLM 70/71/65 scheme. Then on top were the so-called "Wellenmüster" from RLM79. 
Furthermore, the fixing struts of construction and fuel lines have been added to the cabin.

Edited by Fuad
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Enrywar67 said:

Wow!Fabulastic model!Great Idea the marker......do you think a rapidograph shoul be work??

Need to try. An empty marker works for sure.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Fuad said:

There is no secret. I used an empty 0.7 mm marker. Filled it with paint Mr.Color 119 RLM79 Sand Gelb.

Thanks Fuad - actually I saw a rather nice Bf 110 at a show earlier in the year and the modeller had used a similar technique though he was able to find an appropriately coloured marker. It looks great! Will give it a try some time.

Cheers

Malcolm

Great result and love that tip. Interesting info on the camouflage inaccuracies - I had no idea. Thanks for sharing and posting this most excellent Storch!

3 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Faud, can I ask how much you have to thin the paint when using a marker?

Thanks

If you use exactly the marker that I indicated in the link, then you can use a fairly thick mixture of paint and solvent. The marker will work - don't be afraid.

• Thanks 1