Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 934 Jagermeister

Ok so another small update regarding the driver's seat. Although I was happy with the textured look of the seat it was far too clean and neat for a race car. With this in mind I decided to try to add some general wear and tear so it fitted in with the rest of the interior I think it looks much better now 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Time to start working on the engine now a part im really looking forward to. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Yep, looks really good Andy - think you got that just right! 

Little anecdote about 'worn' driver's seats. Our motor club when I was in Uni used to put on a road rally every year, part of the Welsh Championship back in the day. On the night of the event I was helping out at scrutineering before the start. A nice looking Vauxhall Firenza pulled in - and the driver got out and no word of a lie the drivers side of the car rose up by about 3 inches - the guy must have weighed at least 25 stone! Well, the 'nice looking' bit didn't stretch to the interior - his 'seat' - honestly - was the metal seat frame covered with sacking...!! Rules and regs weren't quite as strict in those days & he was allowed to start! 🤣

K

36 minutes ago, Pascal said:

Nice work Andy. The the textured look on the seat looks very good and weathering is perfect.

Sincerely

Pascal

Thanks Pascal, I'm trying out a lot of new techniques with this build and learning as I go but I'm enjoying myself which is the most important thing 😉 

12 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

the metal seat frame covered with sacking...!! 

Now why didn't I think of that 🤔 Nice story Keith and thanks for the comment much appreciated 👍 

So today's update and I've started working on the engine. Many new techniques, paints,oils etc have been used to create the effect im looking for. So under guidance from the "magician" Mr Ron Clark I've made a start and the pic's below show where I'm at as of 10 minutes ago. By no means is the work on the engine finished there's still plenty to do but I'm very happy with the results so far 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As I say plenty left to do but pleased so far. As always thanks for looking back soon 🙂

• Like 11

Very professional and rewarding indeed. Great incentive to continue and a perfect example of 'less is more'. You are vaulting to higher levels despite your previous skills.

Now just have the patience to LET IT DRY ! :frantic:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Codger said:

Very professional and rewarding indeed. Great incentive to continue and a perfect example of 'less is more'. You are vaulting to higher levels despite your previous skills.

Now just have the patience to LET IT DRY ! :frantic:

Thanks Mr C much appreciated and patience is the key word. The pic's of the engine would also have looked better had i used a black background something i will address shortly and something you taught me many moons ago 😉 

• Like 1

Looking really good

Just a bit of advise andy, when you get to the tyre decals they are a bit strange in that the glue is on the outside you need to cut closely round them then dunk them and lay the backing paper on the tyre face down then when attached peel the paper off, I dont know if all tamiya tyre decals are the same but it's the first time I've come across it (I nearly ruined the first tyre)

37 minutes ago, kpnuts said:

Looking really good

Just a bit of advise andy, when you get to the tyre decals they are a bit strange in that the glue is on the outside you need to cut closely round them then dunk them and lay the backing paper on the tyre face down then when attached peel the paper off, I dont know if all tamiya tyre decals are the same but it's the first time I've come across it (I nearly ruined the first tyre)

Thanks for the information but there are no tyre decals supplied with this kit. I have however sourced the correct Dunlop decals but will use them to create stencils so they can be painted on rather than use the decals themselves. I just prefer the "painted look" on the tyres i think it's more realistic 🙂

27 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

Incredible work Andy.  Lotsa eye candy in these progress photos. 

Thanks mate I appreciate your comment 👍 

So I thought I would post a few engine pics taken against a black background as the one's above showed more clutter than engine. Here's the results a little different i think.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A much better representation in my opinion 🙂

• Like 9

Time for an update and more work carried out on the engine. A fair amount of shading, highlighting and blending everything together plus the addition of a few more detailed parts means the pic's below show the current progress made 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Time consuming yes worth the extra effort absolutely in my opinion I'm very happy with the results so far. That's all for now as always thanks for looking and I'll be back soon 🙂

• Like 15

Just now, keefr22 said:

Great stuff Andy, you're really getting the hang of this weathering lark! 👍

Keith

Thanks Keith like i say it's time consuming but only because it's new to me, given time and experience hopefully these new techniques will become second nature but for now I'm happy plodding along 🙂

Subtle and sophisticated work Andy. You're a good student. Does not need every bolt replaced to capture realism. Correct finishes for in-use parts that were well molded to start with make an outstanding model.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Codger said:

Subtle and sophisticated work Andy. You're a good student. Does not need every bolt replaced to capture realism. Correct finishes for in-use parts that were well molded to start with make an outstanding model.

As always thanks for the comment Mr C much appreciated. Whole new ball game for me but certain things are beginning to register now and I'm just starting to get a feel for the techniques I'm learning. As for adding super fine detail well I know my limits physically and so detail painting is about as far as I can go. However I feel pretty confident that when completed I'll have an engine that looks like the ' real deal ' and that is what I'm looking for 🙂

Your paintjob looks very real to my eyes. It does look like metal and it does look as a cared for but used engine.

Well done👍

3 minutes ago, Pouln said:

Your paintjob looks very real to my eyes. It does look like metal and it does look as a cared for but used engine.

Well done👍

Exactly the finish I'm looking for many thanks mate 👍