Victor B2. Best white paint to use

cherisy

Hi

I have an Airfix B2 Bluesteel as my next project. My question is this: As it is a large beast I intend to use a rattle can spray paint as I normally brush paint. Which is the best to use? I had heard that Halfords white was a contender.

Any advice or pointers would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance 

Lee

I'd use Halford's Appliance White' - over a few misted on coats of Halford's White Plastic Primer - with great success.

spacer.png

The primer was applied - and then gently sanded down to an eggshell finish before the Appliance White top coat.

Appliance White straight onto grey plastic needs care to get a nice dense coverage - hence the use of the primer first to give it something to 'key' to.

A good trick is to warm the rattle can in hot tap water before use - and test it on some scrap plastic first - I've encountered 'rogue' cans of White Plastic Primer that spattered on me.

Oh! - and shake (rattle) the can after warming it for a good ten minutes before use.

Hope This Helps

Ken

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'd probably use Tamiya Fine Surface Primer (white), decanted for airbrush use. Then, once it's cured, buff it to a smooth satin finish, and, if needed, spray a second coat of Humbrol Satin White prior to applying decals.

• Thanks 1

May I just raise a small wave for Humbrol rattlecan matt white?  Great coverage, consistent and a good reliable finish.

The off-white dielectric parts were airbrushed Vallejo airframe white.

spacer.png

Cheers,

Neil

Edited by neilfergylee
spilling orrer
  • Like 1