T-45C Goshawks

These are the 1989 boxing Italeri 1/72 T-45 Goshawk's. Not an accurate kit to use to represent a T-45C.  Had to cut and shut the ends of the wings to square them off and scratch built the fairing behind the arrester hook   Decals are from Caracal.spacer.png

T-45C BuNo. 167099 VT-21 Redhawks

spacer.png

T-45C BuNo. 165629 VT-7 Eagles 

• Like 17

Both very nicely done. I believe I like the second one better; the enhanced normal training colors give the bird a unique look without being too garish. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Very nice modelling and decalling.  I have this kit as well, are there any other corrections I should know about?

From what I understand the undercarriage isn't quite accurate for a C production variant as that kit is a pre production model. I solved that by making them wheels up (obviously). The only things I corrected was trimming off the wing ends and replacing them with plasticard as they are 'squared off on the T-45C and i scratch built the fairing behind the arrester hook.  Had to cut part of it off and create a gap in the plastic to fit in.  Send me a private message if you'd like and I'll show you the what I did in a little more detail if you'd like with pictures that should make it a bit clearer 

55 minutes ago, CaracalModels said:

Very nice - thanks for sharing. A modern 1/72 scale T-45 kit is long overdue, but you've done a great job accurizing the look of the Italeri kit.

Thanks.  Rumour is Italeri are bringing out a new kit but i believe it's a rebox so might not be any different to the kit I used. Would be nice to have a new tool though

• Like 1