Diorama with a twist

Decided to do something a little different with a diorama. These are Airfix's 1:72 Spitfire Mk.1a from 92sqn and Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 of jagdgeschwader 54. spacer.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I like it. I think this is the first time I've seen a build on BM where the vanquished actually had bullet holes in it. Very imaginative diorama. From the way it's designed it appears it would keep curious furry critters from playing with the contents.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I like it. I think this is the first time I've seen a build on BM where the vanquished actually had bullet holes in it. Very imaginative diorama. From the way it's designed it appears it would keep curious furry critters from playing with the contents.

Figured a little bit of realistic battle damage might go down well.  Might have overdone the hits but its for my son so he wanted it shot to pieces. Think I've gone somewhere in the middle. It'll eventually go on a windowsill so the only critter who might play with it would be my son😅

Edited by twp1
bad grammer

3 hours ago, jhutchi said:

Looks good, glad it's got a prop and not one of those noisy witchcraft type things you keep building 😂

Thanks, thought I'd put something on here that wouldn't frighten you again mate

• Like 1

I quite like the combination - indoor plants and static scale models.

I wonder what my Missus would think of this.  She makes most of the interior design decisions in our household.

At least, that's what she believes. 😁 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff G said:

Nice display! How did you create the bullet holes? I used to heat up the end of a paperclip and poke it through the plastic.

I just used a modelling drill bit with a little less finesse than usual to leave a less than perfect hole than added a little bit of silver around them to highlight and give the impression of paint being removed 

1 hour ago, twp1 said:

I just used a modelling drill bit with a little less finesse than usual to leave a less than perfect hole than added a little bit of silver around them to highlight and give the impression of paint being removed 

Neat! I'll have to try that myself, I like how it looks.