1/350 Revell, Tirpitz (Platinum Ed)

Thanks guys for looking in and comments.

I have started to make the Skylights. I removed them at the beginning as the moulded ones are completely naf even with the PE fitted on them so I have made them out of styrene. I had to make a jig to cut them. There is 28 to make.
 Also I have started the other skylights on 9 of these ones. Also made 2 more boat stands.

Chris

qtBxt4nh.jpg
CbvCZyDh.jpg
R98ewFgh.jpg
ViWgRORh.jpg
Ol1mOeBh.jpg
Hwx2DuWh.jpg
AntWizvh.jpg
n29SFeth.jpg
hVEcRewh.jpg

• Like 13

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, thanks for your nice comments. Sorry for the delay in posting update but I lost my father to covid a few weeks ago but am back now building. 

I have installed all the vents and then made a start on the rear structure. Removing and adding detail both PE and scratch built. Then giving it a coat of grey. 

I also bought a new kit which I will post pics for you all to drool over the detail. I personally was shocked at the amount of detail it has.

Chris

OpcCv6kl.jpg
wNnK19Il.jpg
MoCcRz8l.jpg
oWPl10kl.jpg
MLg8Q58l.jpg
q9KMdg5l.jpg
zkYx2esl.jpg
KvXQE36l.jpg
ArdygEel.jpg
HcqEr0kl.jpg
WMcMbWGl.jpg
AjFYBOal.jpg
mzmQFX1l.jpg
ZLRmcNel.jpg
8otNxwkl.jpg
wRaK7sol.jpg
9RF9wcul.jpg
vr0czQEl.jpg
gqCRnqIl.jpg
Ja3pIwKl.jpg
Tbwvjkql.jpg
zAHJH4el.jpg
Lb6E5V2l.jpg
ClJkWqLl.jpg
mZtVOJYl.jpg
eGmWe6zl.jpg
DdksCFql.jpg
69yTJhJl.jpg
ZwRjYnvl.jpg
hPTj40Ql.jpg
4aFPN1sl.jpg
LSvQIhyl.jpg
qMS9q9Nl.jpg
71tdbfgl.jpg
dVjaMwWl.jpg
d86lUvgl.jpg
PUkl8d9l.jpg
FLF5fCRl.jpg
VSgvOSxl.jpg

• Like 12

Sorry to hear the very sad news Chris hope you and the family are doing well 

Looks like you have been taking your mind off things with all the details and a great job at that 

Stay Safe and Best Wishes 

beefy 

• Like 1

So very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing Chris. That is the third Covid loss I'm directly aware of in the last couple of weeks. A friend of mine lost his step son (late forties and pretty healthy) and within a week, his step son's father died also from Covid. This awful virus is leaving so few of us untouched in some way. Thoughts are with you and your family.

The model is a masterpiece and as Greg suggests might always remind you of him.

Terry

• Like 1

Hi guys, thanks for your nice comments and looking in. 

@steve5I cut small squares of masking tape (Kabuki or tamiya) then just stick them on carefully and peel off carefully. It can be stressful and time consuming  but worth it. 

I have now done the camo pattern and weather it. I also installed the steps and glue the section to the hull.

Chris

9OG6mjhh.jpg
XVRBp69h.jpg
m6JqfuSh.jpg
QEaF7QDh.jpg
ckuvOwEh.jpg
voAZ4PAh.jpg
b3O79FIh.jpg
cRznYa4h.jpg
pxB69j3h.jpg
PLAgOO3h.jpg
YG4rEmNh.jpg
GLSWYU2h.jpg
LbDYx7Yh.jpg
hXT5j1Yh.jpg
17vefxih.jpg
nljRR29h.jpg
vHn0qmth.jpg

• Like 10

loving this build magpie1832 , can i ask what you use to weather your wood decking , and your technique for applying it . I have a pre-dreadnaught coming up I would try it on .

• Like 1

@steve5 I use dark brown acrylic watered down quite thin then brush lightly around edges. Build it up slowly with a couple of layers if needed, also I make different shades of brown and thin them slightly less and do the odd plank. Practice on the wood thats left over surrounding the actual deck on the sheet. That way you can get it right first. This was my first attempt so you should be able to do it quiet easily.  

Thank you so much for the nice comments guys and for looking in.
 I have made the last rangefinder and made the brass mast to fit on too. I have also made the last pice to fit on the rear structure. I have primed but no pics until next time as they are drying at moment.

Chris 

vmhClu4h.jpg
hb2suqbh.jpg
MNZqmuKh.jpg
W5nzNRLh.jpg
eqXu2dXh.jpg
OUxi222h.jpg

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

Lovely work and I'm really enjoyingy your weathering

Agree with Rob some very fine details on display

Stay Safe