1/350 Revell, Tirpitz (Platinum Ed)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for looking in guys. 

Here is the slow update. I have now done the other side with the portholes, doors, lights, boat racks and also the decks are added and masked up. I have also added some railings to the front. I will most probably add more railings before spraying. 

Chris
FTiuGg0h.jpg
DVmmiRLh.jpg
zQWVjf3h.jpg
Hibbs7hh.jpg
TSXYKyOh.jpg
Z4trEVXh.jpg
OdgT02Gh.jpg
dn4qaQOh.jpg
udZ0HHYh.jpg
ytMrdAYh.jpg
6779HUZh.jpg

• Like 11

Hi guys thanks for the nice comments.
Quick update a little slower as started back at work after furlough so not as much time, I have now fitted the walk ways and most of the railings. This Mini section is now complete so on to a new section.

Chris
5vIJ01yh.jpg
g7rlgSqh.jpg
OPFmEMLh.jpg
paj9jLuh.jpg
pildKjqh.jpg
U6iU4QZh.jpg
Ibu1Fp2h.jpg
aMXQsjPh.jpg

• Like 12

On 9/2/2020 at 4:46 PM, Planebuilder62 said:

Dear Chris

Great work assembling all that, what colour scheme will you be using and how will you paint it?

regards Toby

Thanks, I'm doing the Norway 1943 Tri grey camo. Revell shows blue as one of the colours, Kaveri shows green but most pics show just three Grey's.  

Chris 👍

• 4 weeks later...

HI guys, sorry for the delay. I have re-made my work bench and spray bench then tidied the drawers out to get it all more organised. 

Here are the latest pictures of where I'm up to. I have glued the aft lower deck to the made deck and started on the railings. 

Chris

aihDnlDh.jpg
CsSoOwUh.jpg
gQ4NG6Ah.jpg
38PfGjQh.jpg
Z0PZEiHh.jpg
p0SBFpAh.jpg
0BMFmi3h.jpg

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, magpie1832 said:

HI guys, sorry for the delay. I have re-made my work bench and spray bench then tidied the drawers out to get it all more organised. 

Here are the latest pictures of where I'm up to. I have glued the aft lower deck to the made deck and started on the railings. 

Chris

aihDnlDh.jpg
CsSoOwUh.jpg

No what have you gone and done that is far to tidy get some modelling done immediately and make a mess that is not allowed on BM  :coolio:

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Gidday Chris, you're setting a bad example and a dangerous precedent. Listen to Beefy and get some mess on that bench.

Oh, BTW, the detail on your build of Tirpitz is very good, very detailed. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys thanks for looking in.
I have installed the main decks and masked them up. Then started adding more PE ready for priming. Theres still a way to go before priming though. I was wondering whether to put the main railings around the hull before or after painting. 

Chris
HValZKOh.jpg
iUhWINMh.jpg
Pv4MD4Ph.jpg
APhoc1fh.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks guys,
 I have sprayed the decks where you don't get wooden deck for it. On Tirpitz these two are wooden Colour. From pictures I've seen Bismark has them Grey. I have masked them off now ready for painting the camo.

Chris
Ceze5hah.jpg
Fgg1Hlvh.jpg
ozkR8Q1h.jpg
VLy7B6Ih.jpg

• Like 4

Hi guys, Thanks for looking in.

I have never done this weathering before so probably wont look so good.
I started with a coat of Hataka RN hull red, then 2 coats of Worn effects from AK. Gave it 10 minutes to dry then a coat of AK Deep rust. I waited 5 minutes to dry then rubbed off half of the paint.

I then gave it another 2 coats of Worn effects then a coat of the correct shade of Hull red From AK. I rubbed off various areas then sprayed random areas with a mixture of deep rust and the hull red. Then a watered down coat of the proper hull red.

This is the results. I will be adding streaks etc at a later stage.

Chris

2RXhLIyh.jpg
njBQXFHh.jpg
0pYUyOEh.jpg
YLVvBwFh.jpg
OOAqpB0h.jpg
aJaE60Uh.jpg
iqyv3OVh.jpg
Mx3fh2jh.jpg
ZlSGxeKh.jpg
zbpugLph.jpg
IRlnKV4h.jpg
FZcYnF1h.jpg
8cDfnZlh.jpg
4Dd0gFeh.jpg
RGTRY73h.jpg
mDTzwsVh.jpg
rHOOwwGh.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks for the nice comment Chris. Thanks for looking in guys. 

I have done some grey paint chipping then added dark streaks, salt streaks, and a little green slime. I will be adding more slime to layer it. 
 All this is trial and error so if it looks over done tell me so I can learn from it. 

Chris
mnCshXnh.jpg
3QWtl8Ph.jpg
k4VFiLmh.jpg
ScB7A7vh.jpg

• Like 6

Looks superb, very neat detailing 👍

I wonder if the chipping effect is too severe, with such large diameter gaps. I know it was mostly based in nordic fjords but it looks like it's been icebreaking...!

Thanks guys for the nice comments.

I have now done both sides of the hull. I added more slime to the bow and now think thats all it needs. Onto painting the upper now.

Chris
spacer.png
z36jpRyh.jpg
3fl8vaCh.jpg
u4xkGO9h.jpg
zA9lRryh.jpg
8ggYMdDh.jpg

Edited by magpie1832
  • Like 5