Hawker Hurricane MkI, Douglas Bader, 242 Sqn, Coltishall July 1940

Hi All,

Fresh from the Spitfire GB I have decided to make a little change and start off with a Hurricane. This will be the first Hurricane I have built... and the first new Airfix 1/48 kit, so all new territory as far as I am concerned (so far I have built a Tamiya Spitfire MKI which was an excellent re-introduction to the world of aircraft modelling. I enjoyed it so much that I then followed up by joining Britmodeller and taking part in the Spitfire Group Build with two Eduard Spitfires, a MkIX and a Mk VIII.

I bought the Airfix Hurricane almost 'blind' but fancied a Battle of Britain era group of fighters so bought the Hurricane as I started the Tamiya... and then thought of adding a Defiant (which I have always had a bit of a soft spot for...). I may still add a Defiant - it depends very much on how I get on with the Hurricane and whether the new Eduard Mk I Spitfire 'The Spitfire Story' is available when the time comes.

Anyway, obviously I was too late to be able to pick up a Hurricane MkI original boxing, but as the Airfix Hurricane kit has alternative parts to build either a MK1a, a Sea Hurricane MkIb or a MkI Tropical... so I bought a Sea Hurricane from my local hobby shop. 

As far as aftermarket stuff is concerned, I bought the Sea Hurricane MkIb PE from Eduard which has a few instruments, a new seat and a few repalcement parts for the cockpit. It didnt include any seat bets, so I have ordered a set of PE belts, also from Eduard. As far as decals are concerned, I picked up the Xtradecal X48144 Haker Hurricane MkI set which includes Baders Hurricane... probably one of the best known, so nothing particularly unique in this build. As I said, it is my first Hurricane and my first Airfix kit in well over twenty years, so I thought I would start simply... 

I had been thinking of adding rivet detail and upgrading some of the more basic elements in the Airfix kit, but I will perhaps do that if I choose to build a second Hurricane having got some experience with this new kit under my belt.

First impressions are good. Its pretty accurate if a little basic... but it is strange that the cockpit detail is pretty refined given the lack of any surface detailing elsewhere. The rear of fuselage is pretty good, but the wings and nose seem very basic with no real surface detailing at all... very different from the gorgeous Eduard Spitfire kits.

I don't know a hell of a lot about Hurricanes, so please forgive any basic errors... but I fancy building one and although Bader very definitely a character you will either love or hate (I suspect I would have disliked him intensely...)  He seemed to be a bit of a maverick, which normally endears me to people, but he seems to have been a very acerbic, arrogant man, a divisive leader and convinced he was always right even when confronted with facts that suggested otherwise. I have worked with a few people like that in the past...! 

I met him once, too, way back in the late sixties when my father pointed him out at an airshow... I was too young to really appreciate who he was at the time... but I remember a rather cold arrogant man walking away, talking to another man, who may well have been Adolf Galland... Its one of those times when I wish I had paid more attention to at the time... but I was about ten...  and more excited about seeing a Spitfire flying around (there wasn't too many at the time) than some grumpy old man...

Anyway...  by way of getting this all out of my system, here is my Airfix Hurricane build thread...

First, a quick overview of the kit and decals...  

spacer.png

Initial impressions are much the same as anyone else has posted. The plastic is rather soft, there is a fine texture to all the flat surfaces so it seems a little crude in comparison to Eduard and Tamiya kits. Trailing edges seem a little thick and crude too, as does much of the surface detailing. But it seems accurate and relatively simple to build and the cockpit is far more detailed than I would have expected. Ejector pin marks are both large and fairly numerous... and a few are in areas that may need to be dealt with. The cockpit floor for example. They probably won't get seen, but if a wash is used to highlight any detail on the cockpit floor, the wash will almost certainly highlight the pin marks, so they will probably need to be filled... There are also a few scratches on the main components cause by the sprues rubbing together in transit... Maybe not enough to still be showing after a primer coat, but having been used to each sprue being in an individual plastic bag for protection, it all seemed a little basic and 'toy like' in comparison to some...

Anyway... on with the build. I will start with putting the cockpit components together, then, hopefully, prime the inner framework with Mr Surfacer 1500 Black if I get time this evening... If I'm quick, I may even get round to finishing the cockpit... 

Edited by Bill Livingston
correct a typo
  • Like 15

Well, I didn't get to use my airbrush this evening, but I have managed to get most of the cockpit built.

It wasn't too bad... although you do need to take care to remove the rather large gates and sand/file things down to a decent finish in order to take advantage of the pretty good fit.

There are far too many, and often, quite thick gates, but I suspect that is what I am going to find all the way through this build...

I built the Eduard PE seat and removed the seat adjustment lever from the starboard side of the Airfix seat. To be honest, it might have been neater to have built a new lever with tube and rod, but its not that visible and in the end, it will do...

spacer.png

The cockpit interior tubing has been assembled. It works quite well and with care, builds into a very rigid little sub assembly. All the locking pins line up and its square, so Airfix have done a good job with the engineering.

spacer.png

All the structural stuff is done. I didnt bother with the PE rudder pedals as the Airfix plastic versions actually look a little better when compared to the real thing... I need to add the cockpit placards from the Eduard PE as there are instruments attached to various parts of the structural tubing, but I will do that after the frames have been airbrushed and had a little wash on them...

spacer.png

In the end, I didn't get quite as much done as I thought, but this is my first Airfix kit since I was a kid (around 50 years ago!), so I will put it down to a learning curve dealing with soft plastic and large gates... I can now airbrush the seat and framing in aluminium and the armour backplate in interior green along with the upper half of the cockpit halves... 

Good fun though, despite my moaning!😄

• Like 12

Hi Bill

IMO, this is the best build of the Airfix kit I have seen,  

as it corrects the faults,  and adds realistic riveting. 

Lots of careful work. 

One AM addition that really helps is wheels,  the kit tyres are just too big. 

From photos, the Brengun wheels look decent.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BRL48039?result-token=omhhd

and they give you the centre uplocks

Barracudacals are doing some, but not in stock as yet, and more expensive. 

There is a walkround of the Shuttleworth Sea Hurricane here

which is one of the best resources for getting " a feel" of the airframe details.

apart from the prop, arrestor hook and spools, and the padded headrest, and the aerial under the starbaord wing,  the airframe is the same.

two little detail points

the canopy runs on curved rails, and is thin and flexible,  and is a different shape open than closed.   

this shows these points well

Sea%2520Hurricane-004.JPG&key=1b1abe1301

A vac canopy maybe worth considering.

Also, note the silght difference in appearance of different materials, engine panels -  metal,  cockpit area  "doghouse" - curved plywood covered in fabric, then fabric over stringers. 

rivets,  mushroom headed from behind the main spar, flush on the leading edges, usually not obvious, visible here

sh24.jpg&key=7ca5eb1a20fc9bc128d75faa735

and here you can see the mushroom rivets start further forward.

sea%252008.jpg&key=a95edac7b56a26d6e260d

HTH

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

What a fabulously helpful post, Troy. Thank you!

I will keep returning to this as a reference... That build you linked to is really inspiring... I was very impressed with the riveting applied and interestingly, I had thought about the leading edge lights could be improved fairly easily and probably should be given how prominent they are. It is also interesting that Peter, like me, was returning to modelling after a very long lay off. (Although in my case I had been building model ships in the intervening twenty years or so - although I became very well known for not completing very many of them!).

Thank you again... this is an extremely helpful post and I will keep returning to it throughout my build.

• Like 1

I had genuinely hoped to have started some painting - at least a primer coat - by now, but I had totally underestimated my propensity to faff around and get a little obsessive about detail and PE.

I have decided to add the absolute minimum of detail to this particular build, but I am going to try to use the Eduard etch parts as best I could... and that can get a little obsessive. I'll come to that later.

First, after looking around the instructions and the kit parts, it was obvious that I really ought to put together all the little sub-assemblies before I started up my airbrush and the first thing that I needed to deal with was the Hurricanes cockpit side walls. The Eduard kit has a little map bin and a leather pocket to replace the parts that are moulded into the cockpit side wall, so the first thing to do was to grind them off in preparation for the folded PE parts...

spacer.png

You can see them quite clearly here, next to the grinding tool on my Dremel... I had started to scrape them off, but there was a real chance of an accident, so decided the Dremel was probably the safest option.

spacer.png

The parts themselves are pretty small, but they are easy to fold and you end up with a nice three dimensional bin and pocket...

spacer.png

And once it place, are a considerable improvement on the moulded details and will add some interest in a fairly easily seen place. They are just placed in position as I need to clean up the cockpit wall section and then airbrush it Interior Green The bin is interior green too, but I think I am going to paint the little pocket a canvass or leather colour. If anyone knows for sure, let me know, otherwise I'll paint it in whichever of those two colours looks nicest...!)

spacer.png

the next thing I did was add the parts for the wheel wells. Again, I was slightly disappointed in the crudeness of the plastic and lack of sharpness... and the angles face of the detail interior doesn't line up with the overall shape of the leg portion, but if I dont do a wash in this area, it probably won't be that noticeable (its quite a lot worse, engineering wise, to what I have seen in the Eduard and Tamiya kits, and the gates are very big and soft... but it is useable, especially as I am not going to add a great detail and try to keep this relatively simple.

spacer.png

Its the same with the underside of the cockpit floor/wheel well roof. Its quite simple and a little on the soft side and there is a strange texture to the plastic, but the may reduce a little with primer and then aluminium paint over the top.I have left the tube part un-glued so I can paint it separately... there is a cladding on the hose which is a different colour and it will be far easier to paint and mask that while it is still a separate piece. I just put it in place here to check everything would fit. 

spacer.png

Next I turned attention to the instrument panel. The Airfix IP is actually quite nice and with good painting and careful use of the decals for the instruments themselves, it is probably possible to do a decent instrument panel starlight from the box. I can never be bothered and the three part Eduard pre-painted IP makes this a lot easier. Gloss varnish applied inside the dial faces later on makes this a really nice area, so thats what I decided to do.

spacer.png

I sanded off the detail and checked the fit. The Eduard panel is slightly smaller all round than the Airfix part, but when you test fit it, you realise that the location point on the fuselage has a small rebate all round so there is a secure mount, so I suspect if I centralise it when gluing it in place, it will be a perfect fit. This of course means I will need to paint the plastic IP black (now just a backing plate), just in case, so decided not to complete the instrument panel just yet, I can leave that until I add the other instrumentation once the cockpit has been painted.

spacer.png

The next thing I turned my attention to was the gunsight. The kit part looks pretty good, but will be a nightmare to paint and the glass for the reflector is incredibly thick. The gunsight is actually fairly easy to see, so rather than have my hamfisted brush painting trying to get a perfect circle where the lens should be (why waste the clear plastic part which lends itself to being, well, err, a lens).

spacer.png

So I cut off the reflector and the support arms, used an old airbrush needle to give me a centre point, drilled first a pilot hole and then a larger hole in order to give myself a centralised 'hole' tat I could fill with gloss varnish to make the lens... The dull circle is the result of the hand drilling and effectively leaves a conical 'dish'. 

spacer.png

Its probably easier to see in this picture. The important thing is to make sure it truly is in the centre... and thats a lot harder than it looks as a drill will tend to wander about... hence the needle marker point, a small drill and then only at the end, the full size drill to make the lens 'pit'

spacer.png

The Eduard PE gunsight detail unfortunately is a solid piece. I think they assume you will paint it silver or white and then put a drop of gloss on it. It would probably work, too, but I had already come too far to give up quite yet...

spacer.png

I decide I would punch out the hole in the PE part so I could use the frame and still have a proper 'lens'... 

p?i=ed5d29f5c9ac794ac663da405f44aec2

I used tape in my punch so the small PE would wander about, so I ended up with the hole more or less in the middle... the trouble is, the PE is so thin it buckled slightly, so I had to use my PE bending tool to flatten it again.

spacer.png

I tidied up the inner circle with a round filing stick and bent it to shape. 

spacer.png

I use Tamiya gloss as a glue. It holds really well and still gives a few seconds to manipulate the part really accurately.Its also much easier than superglue or PVA to keep everything clean and avoids accidents. I think gloss varnish makes a really good glue for small PE.. I'm surprised so few people use it. I use it every time there are no structural joins.

spacer.png

And here we are. One (nearly) completed reflector sight. I can now put a drop of mask on the lens so its perfectly round and then airbrush the whole thing black. The only thing I need to add its the reflector glass itself, which I will do just beforee installing it in the completed cockpit. The Eduard detail set seems to think the reflector should be square, but I am pretty sure Airfix got it right and the reflector glass should be round in a BoB Hurricane. If someone could confirm that would be greatly appreciated. 

Anyway, that is where I am up to at the moment. I'm still waiting for the seat belts, hence why I'm not so bothered about spending time on details that only I will know are there... and anyway, I enjoy working out how to get the best out of PE and fiddling with tiny little details.

I will have another check over this evening and then may even start the interior painting. I use an airbrush for everything, so I had to go back and fill some little ejector pin marks on the areas they are visible. In the end, there was only one truly visible pin mark, and that was on a side panel mounted on the tubular framing, but it was reasonably easy to fill and sand it down...

spacer.png

Obviously, its the big white dot in the middle of the picture. Its actually a very large ejector pin mark, there are loads of them, but only this one is visible... and even then, the seat mounts right next to it, so it probably isnt such an issue. However, Eduard provides a replacement PE part for the handle on the upper forward side of the panel and I needed to sand it flat so I could add that so it fitted flush to the moulded part. All I need to do is wash off the sanding dust and I'm ready to spray...

Although this is all very basic stuff, I hope it helps anyone building the Airfix Hurricane and who is also trying to implement the Eduard PE detail... it works really well, but it does take a bit of thinking through. There are loads of supplementary instruments and so on that attach to the cockpit tubing, so I think this will end up being quite a 'busy' little cockpit for not much effort...

• Like 13

Great start, great detail. I have an Airfix hurricane for this too so I will follow your lead again. If it’s as good as following your excellent spitfire builds, this will be fantastic

Great stuff - much more patient than me! I found the whole thing a bit engineered for my taste, but will have to se how it goes together, hopefully as well as yours! Mine will have the pilot in and canopy closed so won't be detailing like yours.

I’ll watch this with interest Bill!  I’d like to build the Airfix Hurricane if time permits during this group build, so it will be good to pick up some tips. 

The PE (and gunsight in particular) looks really good!

Steve

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Nice work Bill, that gunsight will be a little jewel. The reflector should be a disc, the rectangular plate was a later model - not much later, but later

Thanks... I thought as much, so I will need to sort out a little acetate disc.

14 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I have an Airfix hurricane for this too

Good... its actually a good kit. Its very different from Eduard and Tamiya but it looks good and will build into a very nice Hurricane. You will enjoy it.

11 hours ago, Tim Moff said:

much more patient than me!

Not always a great thing... it means I can spend hours on the smallest and least important things and genuinely believe its worthwhile... there lies madness!

Anyway, this evening I managed to airbrush everything in Mr Surfacer 1500 Black as a primer fo the aluminium and interior green, which I may be able to get on with later... (The gunsight looks OK too, although far from finished!)

spacer.png

Madness...! 😊

spacer.png

Interior primer... 

spacer.png

Cockpit framing. This looks surprisingly good... complicated in appearance, yet simple to build and once airbrushed aluminium will look really nicely done. There are a few instruments to add to the framing itself, which will look good... and then there are the cockpit sidewalls with all the additional detail there, too. So it will look good with no real effort. I would certainly recommend the Eduard PE set to go with the Airfix Hurricane... no question.

• Like 9

The framing really does look good in black! Great work and attention to detail so far, looking forward to more of the same!

Geoff 

1 hour ago, Bugle07 said:

The framing really does look good in black!

It does..! It was almost a pity to have to spray it aluminium... 🙂

And thank you, Pat. Its actually a really nice model. The textures in the plastic are causing me some issues as I spray so thin and so the slightly pebbled surface of the plastic on the fuselage interior is pretty apparent. But once everything is in place, weathered and then sealed up it won't show... Looks a bit weird in the construction photos and its the Vallejo Metal Colour Aluminium which is a bit 'grainy' anyway... but it holds a wash fairly well, so will be fine and help add depth later.

I finished the basic airbrushing of the main colours in the cockpit. I will do some detail painting for the control column, rudder pedals and so on....

spacer.png

Overall... Most of the interior has had the basic paint on...

spacer.png

Believe it or not, its actually quite easy to mask the panel on the lower left hand side of the cockpit. Obviously the ejector pin still shows... if anyone is following this, its best to fill that before you assemble the cockpit framing. The seat partially obscures it so it won't bother me all that much, but worth pointing out.

spacer.png

You can see what I mean about the texture which seems to be a combination of the surface of the Airfix plastic and the Vallejo metal. Mostly the texture though, because if I look at the other aluminium parts, the graininess isn't anything like as obvious. And obviously, the interior green is also a bit pebbly, but it is far less obvious as it doesn't reflect. A brown wash and a coat of varnish and then some pastels will tone it all down.

spacer.png

Another view of the aluminium framing... It builds well, but I do prefer it in black! Most of the restored Hurricanes have this all painted in interior green, so I could have perhaps got away with painting it like that... but probably not on here! Once closed up though, with weathering and a wash on all the riveted and bolted joins, it will be fine... not that I will be able to see any of it!

spacer.png

The basic cockpit looks pretty good out of the box. with a little bit of detailing and weathering it will look good. There are aspects of the Airfix kit that really surprise me, its far better than I ever expected...

Tomorrow I will do the fun part... adding the instruments and doing the detail painting. I have quite a lot to add to the sidewalls and on various panels on the cockpit tubing. I may well add some wiring, depends on how I feel... I think the black rubber tubes with cables running up the control column may well be as far as I go... but if I find some major bits running along the framing, I may add some of that, too. See how I feel when I look at it all again tomorrow. Late at night isnt the time to make any decisions...

Edited by Bill Livingston
  • Like 10

17 hours ago, dogsbody said:

That is really looking great!

Thank you, thats very kind.

So, today, I added all the PE placards and instruments to the cockpit side walls and tubular framing. I added the leads up the control column (not that you can see them... and I even did the brass coloured connectors!) but given none of this cant be seen really, I decided to not add any additional wiring and to just add some dirt and grime, which I did with the Tamiya Accent without a gloss coat. This works well as the wash stays in the texture and makes everything just a little dirty. You can go over parts of it with a cotton bud dipped in Winsor and Newton white spirit to give 'highlight's as that will take the was off pretty easily.

It took ages to do all this, so rather than describe stuff, here are a few pictures...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And of course, the wheel wells are done at much the same time as the cockpit in the Airfix kit, so here is a quick shot of that... there is still a little bit of detail I could add... such as the wrapping around the pipe or possibly a couple of hydraulic lines... but I may not worry about it...  I just have to paint the red and yellow edges to a couple pop instruments and add the circular reflector glass and then the cockpit is done and I can wrap everything up. 

spacer.png

Thi is just airbrushed and had a wash thrown at it. I will deal with it properly when I do the underside and gear, but as most of this gets painted and assembled during the cockpit build, it seemed sensible to follow the instructions. Theres no varnish or any pastels or anything... It won't stay this shiny!

spacer.png

I still have to make the circular reflector glass for the gunsight, but thats looking fine... with an unreadable decal around the front and a paler grey  bit of padding on the front, it will look fine. The Instrument panel is from the Eduard PE... but its black and white, so I will need to add a little colour to one or two of the the dials and gauges myself.

I had better get some food... I have forgotten to eat again this evening...

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, SimonT said:

What colour did you use for the seat?

Vallejo Aluminium...Metal Colour, airbrushed.

Then a wash of Tamiya Panel Line Accent Colour Dark Brown... first an overall coat, then wiped off with cotton buds very lightly soaked in White Spirit - basically, dry...  you can then paint shadows and so on by removing paint from highlights. 

No gloss coat before the panel line... that way it stays in the texture of the first painted surface and gives a very fine filter type thing... There is probably a name for the technique, although I have never found one, I did it by accident one day and really liked the effect. 

Then after that, airbrushed with Winsor and Newton Matt Varnish... 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bill Livingston said:

I will do some detail painting for the control column, rudder pedals and so on....

annoying i'm not find the images i want....

here's one of the Finnish Hurricane,  basically untouched since 1943, cockpit colours as built

1b149c8b4086d4730162b88da3bc94b4.jpg

OK, this is one I was thinking of

IMG_7231.jpg

IMG_6734.jpg

There is a comment in the link the control came out of a Harvard?  

You may find some more useful images here

http://hurricanehc-452.blogspot.com

"It was great to notice that the boys had pretty comprehensive and detailed blueprints available from different parts of the aircraft. For example the details of the radio rack were clear and precise. Another good example is the cockpit’s right “door” panel. Harri was using the detailed blueprints which included all the measurements needed for sewing a small fabric pouch to the cockpit door. He “sacrificed” one standard issue Finnish Army map case which he used for raw material for the pouch."

IMG_2943.jpg

this is from the Mk.II pilots notes

hur_f3.jpg

this is link to the other pages

https://airpages.ru/eng/uk/hur_05.shtml

I don't know that the Mk.I are online,  but a look at the photo key will show most of the cockpit is the same in all marks

Work so far looks great. 

HTH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't tried the Tamiya Accents yet, though I do have all three. On my 1/72 Hurricane, I used Citadel Washes. These worked great.

Here's the footboards and radiator faces.

50117448137_1232c26067_b.jpg

Here's the undercarriage bay:

49313593107_803fa82f78_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

HTH

It would have 12 hours earlier!😄

As it happens, I found most of those pictures, particularly the Finnish Hurricane - its a good reference as its not restored... The picture of the door with the handle and placard would have been very useful. Clearly I need to paint 'my' handle in interior green and just leave the red on the end... that would have been very useful as the kit parts and the Eduard parts are slightly oversize and I could have done a much better job with the canvas 'pocket' as well. Still, this was supposed to be a quick build as I have not built an Airfix kit, let alone a Hurricane... and I need at least one go before I can work out the best way to build something, what needs doing and what can be left and what would be fun to detail...

Theres a few errors that I cant really address now. I have three leads up the control column, not two... but I cant see any of them anyway, so may as well leave them alone. I'm annoyed about the fact I painted the grip and the upper part black when it should only have been the grip. I had left it like that and then found a picture or two with the whole top section black... ah well, too late now.

If you have a look at what I posted this evening you will see I got reasonably close... but I work quite quickly, so I'm often past the questions I've asked by the time anyone gets round to answering them! Sorry...

But thank you, all the same... 🙂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bill Livingston said:

but I work quite quickly, so I'm often past the questions I've asked by the time anyone gets round to answering them! Sorry...

no need to apologise,   and happy to try to help,  apart from anything else,  the information is there for others later.   You can't see that much in a Hurricane cockpit anyway! 

26 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

On my 1/72 Hurricane, I used Citadel Washes

But not my airbrush. .....Yet ;) 

Admittedly if it was going to airbrush a model, I'd have not finished  the very few I have done.... 

Sorry for the thread drift @Bill Livingston  I'm just nudging Chris to paint his Hurricanes..

cheers

T

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

Sorry for the thread drift @Bill Livingston  I'm just nudging Chris to paint his Hurricanes..

Its all good...😆

I like it when information is posted... as you say, these things are up for ages and they are always useful. I have found threads going back years that I have got really useful information from... 

Your info is particularly relevant hough... maybe I should slow down... or maybe I should just give more notice!😉

(Why is Chris not painting his Hurricanes?🙂)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Geeze! Don't you start, Bill! I can't work with all this pressure!

Also, I need a fan for my basement window, but it's not easy to find up here. The ice jam flooding in April took out three hardware stores. One has reopened in a new, smaller location, until the downtown one is cleaned out. It had almost 5 feet of water inside. Another one is opened, but with all the restoration to houses, businesses and apartments buildings, you're lucky to find parking a block away and it's packed inside. The third store planes to be open in November. 

Also, I had to repair the window screen. I ended up covering the holes with duct tape, as I couldn't find any replacement screening.  And between the missus and a daughter, someone is always finding things for me to do.

Thank the deities for alcohol!

Chris

1 hour ago, Bill Livingston said:

Why is Chris not painting his Hurricanes?

because he wants to airbrush.... 

when I decided I should actually FINISH  a model last year,

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235052380-hurricane-airfix-72nd-fabric-wing-mki-oob/

Chris said...

On 10/03/2019 at 23:01, dogsbody said:

No fair! I've been slowly working on mine for over a year and you come along and slap that together in a few hours and it's gonna look better than mine when you're done tomorrow or the next day.

58 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Also, I need a fan for my basement window, but.........

not for a paint brush... ;) 

Joshing aside,  the worst that will happen is you'll need some paint stripper.   

I'd have not finished anything if I was trying to airbrush as i'd be messing about getting to grips with the whole process and be waiting for as fan or the snow to melt or the right phase of the moon....   

Got to be worth at least trying? 

• Like 1