Aero C-3A 1/48 Specjal Hobby

Hello,
I present the model of the training transport aircraft Aero C-3A. The model is made of the Special Hobby set. In the box, the model looks very good, great interior details, very nice surface of the fuselage and wings. During construction, it turns out that the model in many places is underdeveloped and gluing it becomes very problematic. This applies above all to glazing, wings and engines. And one more thing, it's best to use CA glue for gluing.
The whole construction process can be seen here.
Nice watch.

A few photos from the building process.

M2imX1i.jpg

r27eTAi.jpg

Vu0vM4l.jpg

hhViqRy.jpg

B7jYqHW.jpg

5Rw3yCV.jpg

3Eol3ph.jpg

9GUXdq9.jpg

P9UHcgC.jpg

2DGzvzr.jpg

wwet2LL.jpg

CA8YDRR.jpg

XWdHYcF.jpg

JwF5uMx.jpg

iykrI1E.jpg

BoOEnqf.jpg

yHlUl70.jpg

7bgJA4k.jpg

7Wov6oF.jpg

gm00BEv.jpg

W87NWBG.jpg

pFyTRNy.jpg

SR2FL8r.jpg

5JDEOPM.jpg

Wt9PNaT.jpg

FRR06kf.jpg

• Like 28

Very nice result! Surprising problems with fit. But I 've seen on your build thread that plastic was soft enough and some squeezing helped.

BTW - the Candian scheme you'presented in build thread:

image.png.5dc8e519da178129d45117745134cf

Is either fake (WhatIF) or perhaps a moovie scheme (???) ...  The Nord Martinet nor original wartime Siebel 204  were never operated by RCAF, especially as aircraft carrier (landing hook!) anti submarine machine in 1950s or 1960s. markings.

Only two RCAF pilots were flying captured Siebels in 1945, while they were tested in UK 

https://books.google.pl/books?id=TlYr15Qok4UC&pg=PA166&lpg=PA166&dq=rcaf+siebel+204&source=bl&ots=edfNCYpvy6&sig=ACfU3U1Crh2zUBzgii3fMErRDN0yeN5xYw&hl=pl&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjZ25CEy8fqAhXwmIsKHYuQDqAQ6AEwA3oECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=rcaf siebel 204&f=false

Regards

J-W

• Like 2

Outstanding build and finish!!! You took a short-run kit with major fit issues and  made it look like the best offering of Tamiya!  Did you add rivet detail? Again thank you for posting this outstanding replica!

Edited by 28ZComeback
  • Thanks 1

Great job at completing a tough model.  I also am surprised at the problematic fit on this.  I would have expected better as this was a more recent tooling, and also of a plane that would be close to their heart being they are a Czech company.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harold55 said:

I would have expected better as this was a more recent tooling, and also of a plane that would be close to their heart being they are a Czech company.

The first look is very positive. When I started building this model, I thought I would make it quickly. After the first adjustments, the hope for quick and easy construction lowered me.

• Like 1