1/72 Azur FRROM SNCASE SE 535 Mistral

Hello

Here is my recently finished 1/72 SNCASE SE 535 Mistral.

After SNCASE built DH 100 Vampire under license they developped another version SE 532/535 with a Rolls Royce Nene engine. The air intakes were modified and the fuselage was deepened. The SE 535 were equipped with ejection seats but the SE 532 were later retroffited.

My kit is a Mistral from 7ème Escadre de Chasse in Algeria in 1958.

I cut and dropped the flaps as they always were in that position on the ground. The upper fuselage and the new air intakes are specific pieces added from the Special Hobby Vampire kit.

Patrick

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 25

7 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Nice one :) @Wez will like this ;)

Martin

You're not wrong there Martin.

I have one of these in the stash, my only disappointment with the kit is the rockets provided are British style RP's not French T-10's, a minor disappointment I know.  I've always liked the Vampire and the Mistral is an important development from it.  My next book purchase will be this book followed in due course by this one when it's printed.

Patrick,

Superb work as always!  Good tip on the flaps, something I'd noticed from photographs but a useful reminder nonetheless, thanks!

Did you do anything about the wing trailing edges, they're a bit thick for my liking.

Well done...   ...again!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wez said:

You're not wrong there Martin.

I have one of these in the stash, my only disappointment with the kit is the rockets provided are British style RP's not French T-10's, a minor disappointment I know.  I've always liked the Vampire and the Mistral is an important development from it.  My next book purchase will be this book followed in due course by this one when it's printed.

Patrick,

Superb work as always!  Good tip on the flaps, something I'd noticed from photographs but a useful reminder nonetheless, thanks!

Did you do anything about the wing trailing edges, they're a bit thick for my liking.

Well done...   ...again!

Hello

Thank you. I put the rocckets I had in hands as this one was for somebody who wanted it fast.

This is not my first SH/Azur Vampire/Mistral and as usual I sand the trailing edge outside but more underneath.

I am waiting both books from Lela Presse to build more Vampire and Mistral.

The Mistral intakes are tricky to put as they are in three parts each and I had to make holesabove and under close to the fuselage. I have to look for pictures I took at Le Bourget Museum about that to explain the purpose of it as the air along the fuselage is driven by a triangular shape something like on a MDD Phantom.

Patrick

• Thanks 1