Hello, New member from Wolverhampton

David Hadland

Thanks for the welcome Corsairfoxfouruncle, there used to be several modeling shops within my area when I was Modeling seriously in the early nineties, a hobby that tailed off as I began to be interested in and spend my money on different things, now there is one shop which has probably gone out of business due to the lockdown (Have to be honest if I do qualify for, and the UK Govt. actually do it, the £500 to help get high street shops back on their feet, the owner is going to think Christmas has come early, LOL)

What has surprised me about modern Modeling is the amount of Tools etc that is actually just for modeling, before you had to bodge stuff from the DIY shops, I've now got a Sprue Side Cutter, tweezers (4 Different), Files (10 Different) and micro drill with drill pieces from 0.3mm to 2mm.  You can actually buy a modeling tool kit with different options depending on what type of modeling you need it for, I've found it a bit cheaper to build my own kit from scratch as it seems to be a bit cheaper.

Edited by David Hadland
Missed the word "Welcome"
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, David Hadland said:

Thanks for the welcome Corsairfoxfouruncle, there used to be several modeling shops within my area when I was Modeling seriously in the early nineties, a hobby that tailed off as I began to be interested in and spend my money on different things, now there is one shop which has probably gone out of business due to the lockdown (Have to be honest if I do qualify for, and the UK Govt. actually do it, the £500 to help get high street shops back on their feet, the owner is going to think Christmas has come early, LOL)

What has surprised me about modern Modeling is the amount of Tools etc that is actually just for modeling, before you had to bodge stuff from the DIY shops, I've now got a Sprue Side Cutter, tweezers (4 Different), Files (10 Different) and micro drill with drill pieces from 0.3mm to 2mm.  You can actually buy a modeling tool kit with different options depending on what type of modeling you need it for, I've found it a bit cheaper to build my own kit from scratch as it seems to be a bit cheaper.

Go to pound shops and buy the cardboard files that women use to file nails...cheap as chips and invaluable.

Oh yes....welcome. I packed in when i joined the Raf in 77 and started back in 2009. I build 1.72,, 1.76 military trucks.

• Like 1

Yes , I got some nail files, 5 for 69p, in a local shop.  The metal files have been more than useful though when part of a kit has to be reshaped and at £3.99 for 10 I think it was good value.

Edited by David Hadland
Grammar is my friend, apparently.