Tamiya Honda RC-30

Hello!

Here my take on this legendary machine. I used Hobby Design photo etch&detail set, and change wiring to something more up to scale. Also added some detailing bolt from various brands. Paints I used are from Tamiya LP&X/XF and decanned rattle can, Vallejo metallic shades, and Zero Paint Diamond finish 2k clear. This was my first try on 2k clear, and I kind fell love with it. I did not polish clear anyhow, just add some automotive wax on. 

Decals were pretty bridle, and i failed couple spots. Try to fix them with paint, but it didnt work out very good. 

Hobby Design detail set was good. But you have to glue several etch pieces on another piece to make replace part, so its kind frustrating at sometimes. And really hard to justify in some cases, like links on rear swingarm. 

RVCNgKI.jpg?1

4yl8e6C.jpg

dgRQ9wT.jpg

vYcSPtz.jpg

PN7E4NG.jpg

05OQTMB.jpg

nNsCcqP.jpg

AWjU5R1.jpg

V40nu65.jpg

NOVoXff.jpg

FgKtkHt.jpg

c8GXNdk.jpg

Edited by alteregoni
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Rick Brown said:

The most beautiful bike ever made IMHO!

Wish I'd bought one when offered new at £12k.

Ditto, but at the time my GPZ900R (why did I sell it?) was only £3950 OTR.

I have only ever seen one of these in the flesh, at the 2019 Chateau Impney Hill Climb event.  Utterly gorgeous.  Beautifully modelled, and even though the base kit is brilliant on its own the photo-etch really lifts it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Natter said:

Ditto, but at the time my GPZ900R (why did I sell it?) was only £3950 OTR.

I have only ever seen one of these in the flesh, at the 2019 Chateau Impney Hill Climb event.  Utterly gorgeous.  Beautifully modelled, and even though the base kit is brilliant on its own the photo-etch really lifts it.

I've seen loads over the years. IoM being the main place!

I settled on the CBR600 instead. 

I have a couple of RC30's in the stash, one built, apart from the fairing. I may look into that photoetch. It looks good.

Rick.

• Like 1

Thank you for your kind compliments! 😊

That polished aluminium look on top of the frame turn out quite hard to achieve. I have Alclad II polished aluminium in my stash. But I have tried to use it before and failed, and that same thing happened again. Somehow it just turns out kind of greyish shade. 

I tried Alclad chrome too, but that was too much of a chrome... suprise! 😂

So I kind of gave up, and put Bare metal foil chrome. That looks decent, if you count out wrinkles. 😏

Sometimes I think that are these Alclad and Vallejo etc. worth of effort, because they rub off easily and kind hard to get good result. 

But this time I tried Vallejo metal gloss varnish as a top coat, and it gave really nice protective layer on even Alclad. 

Edited by alteregoni