This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Buy, Sell & Wanted Areas - a Reminder

We've had a ton of new members during lockdown (and before TBH), so we thought it was time for a reminder of the basic rules for making requests, offering things for sale, and asking for spare parts, as we've had to remove a few too many posts of late.

• In order to be able to post up threads asking for spares, buying or selling, you need to have 100 genuine posts.  Please don't be tempted to spam "good job" everywhere, as we will notice.
  • If you don't have enough posts, bide your time and be an active member of the forum, don't just post it up in some forum that you think is appropriate.
  • If you just need some instructions, there's a separate area for that, and you don't need 100 posts.

We're not going into the whys and wherefores again, as that's been covered to death elsewhere.  Suffice to say that being able to use that area is a privilege, not a right.  It's also free, and we ask very little of members to be able to use it.  Follow the rules, and it'll all be snowdrops and rainbows. :)

Special Admin Bump for visibility :)

Another SAB for visibility :)

16 minutes ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

thanks. I understand the rules now. Much obliged and happy to conform to them . Cheers!

Didn't want to single you out ;)

No problem. No offence taken. I should have made the time to familiarise myself with the site rules . My bad as they say! Thanks 

1 hour ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

No problem. No offence taken. I should have made the time to familiarise myself with the site rules . My bad as they say! Thanks 

Watch Mike, he's pure evil!

🤣

Rick.

14 hours ago, Rick Brown said:

Watch Mike, he's pure evil!

It is known.  Afterall, who would go on the internet and lie? :shrug:

Special Admin Bump for visibility :)

Hi Mike,

I had a few things up for sale but can’t see them listed anywhere as there is only on page. Is it me or have they been deleted.

Thanks for hosting this for us 

cheers

Adrian

6 hours ago, Adrian Hills said:

Hi Mike,

I had a few things up for sale but can’t see them listed anywhere as there is only on page. Is it me or have they been deleted.

Thanks for hosting this for us 

cheers

Adrian

Could be one of two things - You many have your forum configured to only show new posts (or something like that - so many options!), or you could have put up more than one threads that have been deleted.  Everyone's allowed one post, but if you don't request your old one to be deleted, you'll reap the whirlwind when you get spotted having two.  Check in your profile for your own content to be sure, and if it has gone, post up a new one.  It's always best to have a back up of your list on your own PC anyway, just for your own peace of mind :)

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Could be one of two things - You many have your forum configured to only show new posts (or something like that - so many options!), or you could have put up more than one threads that have been deleted.  Everyone's allowed one post, but if you don't request your old one to be deleted, you'll reap the whirlwind when you get spotted having two.  Check in your profile for your own content to be sure, and if it has gone, post up a new one.  It's always best to have a back up of your list on your own PC anyway, just for your own peace of mind :)

Hi Mike

Same here. I can only see one page of the 'for sale' forum, only as far back as 15th June. I've had a look at my settings and options but I cant see anything amiss ( that said, being a Luddite I've no idea what I'm looking at  🤪)

Rick

Just to say i seem to have the same, a relatively small single page of For Sale, and only 5 posts in the Trades section! Not sure whats happened there 

it seems i have the same as @sinnerboy - the oldest post in there is from June 15th 2019 -  almost exactly 1 year old . Is there perhaps some cutoff/autofiltering going on after 1 year? 

16 minutes ago, sinnerboy said:

Hi Mike

Same here. I can only see one page of the 'for sale' forum, only as far back as 15th June. I've had a look at my settings and options but I cant see anything amiss ( that said, being a Luddite I've no idea what I'm looking at  🤪)

Rick

Ah, then I understand.  When we reopened, we asked everyone to review their old posts and bump any they wanted keeping.  We gave a couple of week's notice with a banner announcement across the whole site, and after that the threads that were tacitly abandoned have been removed as a spring clean to the area, which had become somewhat cluttered with stuff that had probably changed markedly since we had to close it down in March.  P.S. you're looking at your screen, which has the website/forum Britmodeller.com on it.  Alles klaar? :wicked:

On 7/12/2020 at 2:55 PM, Mike said:

Special Admin Bump for visibility

😣